“One of our best dinners”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tuti's Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Tuti's Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Indonesian, Soups, New Zealand, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned and operated new build restaurant with a comfortable and attractive interior. One of provincial New Zealand's best equipped and hygienic kitchens serving the freshest of local seafood's and local farm produce to a consistently high standard. All fish served in this restaurant is purchased direct from the fishermen and filleted in house, with preference given to line caught fish.
Temuka, New Zealand
“One of our best dinners”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great service, fantastic food and warm and relaxing. 100%
The family owned and operated Restaurant was the best we found in Kaikoura .

Visited April 2013

• Indonesian first
Auckland, New Zealand
“A real treat”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Recommended by our motel owner with good reason. Innovative and interesting menu mixing European and Asian tastes. All were presented perfectly. Adults and kids meals alike were a taste sensation. Great service. Highly recommmended.

Visited April 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great food and service”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went with my family and I personally tried the lamb shanks. It was definitely one of the better lam shanks that I have ever had. I am a bit picky on what I eat, but the lamb and its sauce was just the perfect combination. Would recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a decent meal in Kaikoura..

• Visited November 2012
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Ok but know of better ones nearby”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Decided to try it on the way through to Picton after reading the reviews. Service was reasonably quick on a Friday night in the tourist season. My partner ordered a mild lamb curry and I had the pan fried Groper steak off the specials board. My fish was very nice and excellently cooked however my partner, who used to live in Leeds and has had many curries over her lifetime, couldn't eat her curry. In the 13 years that we have been together it is the first time that I have ever seen her not finish a meal! Amanda asked her if there was anything that she could do and my partner asked if they had some yoghurt. She came back and said sorry they didn't have any. We weren't offered a discount or anything else. We now drive past to stop at an excellent little cafe 3/4 of an hour up the road.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Contention
Tutisrestaurant, Owner at Tuti's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Sorry to hear your wife couldn't eat her lamb curry, but my daughter Amanda who served you said your partner finished at least three quarters of the meal then indicated it was too spicy then as you say she asked for yogurt, but as these curries are coconut milk based in the Singaporean style they are not served with yogurt which is not used as an ingredient in our restaurant.
Tuti's lamb curry is a favourite dish of many Kiwi's and also many UK travelers it is also one of our best selling dishes sadly your partner is the first to say it was too spicy.
Why you feel that we should offer you a discount when we have provided you a quality meal and service is beyond my comprehension and if you feel that the excellent little cafe 3/4 of an hour up the road is more suited to your tastes then so be it.
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Had a steamed fish special with coconut cream, and spices. Kids loved there food fish and French fries. Seafood chowder was amazing.

• Visited April 2013