“Great food and service”
Review of Tuti's Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Tuti's Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Indonesian, Soups, New Zealand, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned and operated new build restaurant with a comfortable and attractive interior. One of provincial New Zealand's best equipped and hygienic kitchens serving the freshest of local seafood's and local farm produce to a consistently high standard. All fish served in this restaurant is purchased direct from the fishermen and filleted in house, with preference given to line caught fish.
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great food and service”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went with my family and I personally tried the lamb shanks. It was definitely one of the better lam shanks that I have ever had. I am a bit picky on what I eat, but the lamb and its sauce was just the perfect combination. Would recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a decent meal in Kaikoura..

• Visited November 2012

• Indonesian first
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Ok but know of better ones nearby”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Decided to try it on the way through to Picton after reading the reviews. Service was reasonably quick on a Friday night in the tourist season. My partner ordered a mild lamb curry and I had the pan fried Groper steak off the specials board. My fish was very nice and excellently cooked however my partner, who used to live in Leeds and has had many curries over her lifetime, couldn't eat her curry. In the 13 years that we have been together it is the first time that I have ever seen her not finish a meal! Amanda asked her if there was anything that she could do and my partner asked if they had some yoghurt. She came back and said sorry they didn't have any. We weren't offered a discount or anything else. We now drive past to stop at an excellent little cafe 3/4 of an hour up the road.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Contention
Tutisrestaurant, Owner at Tuti's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Sorry to hear your wife couldn't eat her lamb curry, but my daughter Amanda who served you said your partner finished at least three quarters of the meal then indicated it was too spicy then as you say she asked for yogurt, but as these curries are coconut milk based in the Singaporean style they are not served with yogurt which is not used as an ingredient in our restaurant.
Tuti's lamb curry is a favourite dish of many Kiwi's and also many UK travelers it is also one of our best selling dishes sadly your partner is the first to say it was too spicy.
Why you feel that we should offer you a discount when we have provided you a quality meal and service is beyond my comprehension and if you feel that the excellent little cafe 3/4 of an hour up the road is more suited to your tastes then so be it.
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Had a steamed fish special with coconut cream, and spices. Kids loved there food fish and French fries. Seafood chowder was amazing.

• Visited April 2013
Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai, Thailand
“Great taste.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The resterant is in good location ,not far from the city or the whale watch . I've try the seafood.scallop is so delicious. finally you will love the dessert

• Visited April 2013
Oxford, New Zealand
“BEST LAMB SHANKS EVER!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Hubby & I tried Tuti's for the first time and were very impressed with the service, the friendly staff & the cleanliness; though I do have to say that the acoustics are not perfect when the place is busy.
We shared a entree/starter of CHILLI MUSSELS NZ - green lipped mussels cooked in chilli, tomato and fresh parsley served with garlic bread, though because I am Gluten Free we didn't get any bread, which was a real shame as you wanted it to mop up the excess sauce. And trust me you needed the finger bowl that came with the dish!!
For his main meal hubby had the BONELESS CHICKEN GREEN CURRY - coconut cream and a perfect blend of spices with steamed vegetables served with rice and fresh salad, which he thoroughly enjoyed.
For my main meal I had LAMB SHANK/S - slowly braised in Tuti's rich sauce served with mash potato and steamed vegetables and I have to say it was the BEST LAMB SHANKS EVER!
The main meal sizes we on the large side, so next time (and there will be a next time) either we will not have a starter/entree, just a main meal OR we will have a starter/entree for both; i.e. a starter/entree & then another for our main meal.
Our only down-side on this restaurant was the mark-up on a bottle of wine, though to buy by glass was within a reasonable price.
I would thoroughly recommend Tuti's for an evening meal (we have not tried them during lunch)

• Visited March 2013