“Solid food reasonably well presented.”
Review of Tuti's Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Tuti's Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, New Zealand, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated new build restaurant with a comfortable and attractive interior. One of provincial New Zealand's best equipped and hygienic kitchens serving the freshest of local seafood's and local farm produce to a consistently high standard. All fish served in this restaurant is purchased direct from the fishermen and filleted in house, with preference given to line caught fish.
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Ample portions, reasonably well cooked and presented, friendly service. Location not great. "Honest effort".

2  Thank BritishFred
Tutisrestaurant, Owner at Tuti's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

The meals served in Tuti's Restaurant are not as you put it "reasonably well cooked and a honest effort", because our restaurant consistently serves up extremely tasty expertly prepared meals that has given our restaurant a very good name and is the favourite restaurant for Kaikoura locals and many regular customers from both the North and South Islands as well as return customers from overseas this is backed up by a 95% recommend rate on Trip Advisor.
Regarding your comment on our location, Tuti's is in a good clean location situated right next door to the long established and well respected "Hislops Cafe" Kaikoura's award winning wholefoods restaurant, wine bar and directly opposite the Top Ten Holiday Resort and adjacent to other several other restaurants and motels.
Our meals are all freshly prepared using local and seasonal produce where possible, the fish is all supplied fresh from local waters and filleted in house.

There are newer reviews for Tuti's Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The owner where we were staying recommended this place after we told him we wanted to try crayfish. We made a reservation on the same day and were able to get in at our preferred seating time of 7:00. It was a nice place inside, warm, inviting, romantic. We had the salmon cakes for an appetizer, which were a bit too crunchy on the outside, but we got 4 of them for $15 and they were a good size. For dinner, husband had the 1/2 crayfish with mashed potatoes and veg ($60). I had the lamb shank in “Tuti’s Sauce” for $28. Mine also came with mash and veg. The lamb was quite good, very tender, and the sauce was a rich tomato based sauce with a hint of spice. Husband decimated his crayfish, pulling meat out of every little crevice. I think it was the first time he finished his dinner after me… Husband had a Black Mac beer for dinner and for dessert we had the sticky toffee and plum pudding with butterscotch sauce ($10) and it was also really good. Dinner came to $122, expensive, but worth it for us.
One drawback is that it took a long time for anyone to wait on us, for the appetizers to arrive, for the drinks to arrive, and we had to finally ask for our check, but I’ve noticed this tends to be the way things go in all of the restaurants we’ve been to in New Zealand.

2  Thank ellevala
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Tuti's is a Indonesian-New Zealand "fusion" restaurant, though the mix is not so much in individual dishes as it is in the menu; there are the nz options such as fish and chips, and the Indonesian options such as seafood curry. Both are done very well. One thing to be mindful of is that the portions are huge. My partner and I shared a seafood chowder, which could easily have been a meal on its own. We then got a main each, and neither of us was able to finish, so we sadly missed out on dessert.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Good place to enjoy a beer and a meal, across the street from the beach. Varied menu and good prices.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I arrived in the small town of Kaikoura with my family. we had an enjoyable day, whale watching, fishing and then went for a spectacular walk around the Penninsula. At the end of the day we ended up at Tuti's Restaurant. We ordered our Entree and then our Mains. i ordered the Chicken Curry and my wife had the Beef Curry and then my son had the Prawn Satay. My first taste of the Curry was just unforgettable. The wide range of different flavours in my mouth was just delightful.
I continued eating and i just couldn't stop. My wife raved about her curry and my son loved it. We then ordered our desert which was well presented and was just excellent. I asked one of the beautiful waitresses if i could thank the Chef for making my day. The Chef was lovely and her food was tremendous. I would like to say that this restaurant is highly recommended and that is one of the best or even the best restaurant i have been to.