“Very Enjoyable”
Review of Tuti's Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Tuti's Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, New Zealand, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated new build restaurant with a comfortable and attractive interior. One of provincial New Zealand's best equipped and hygienic kitchens serving the freshest of local seafood's and local farm produce to a consistently high standard. All fish served in this restaurant is purchased direct from the fishermen and filleted in house, with preference given to line caught fish.
Reviewed March 6, 2012

When in Kaikoura, dining at Tuti's is a must! Both my husband and I enjoyed our meal very much! We shared the prawn satay for an entree (I must say, the home made peanut sauce was magnificent!) I had the duck with rice- superb and the whole flounder that my husband had was very tasty! Overall a great night out and the waitress was very attentive and most helpful.

1  Thank Nancy W

Reviewed February 29, 2012

We went here as it was the highest rated restaurant in Kaikoura.The food here was okay but nothing special. Service wasn't bad but certainly not impressive. Given the choices on the menu and the standard of the food I am very suprised that this restaurant comes so highly recommended. We wouldn't hurry back.If you are eating out in Kaikoura try the Green Dolphin.

1  Thank Amylw2
Tutisrestaurant, Owner at Tuti's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Very interesting but not at all accurate as our other customers attest.
This review sounds more like an advertisement for another restaurant that you appear to have forgotten to review.
Wouldn't it be nicer to just write the other restaurant a positive review instead of suggesting that potential customers to our restaurant should go to the restaurant you suggest.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Whilst cycling through New Zealand had the fortune to visit this restaurant and sample their Seafood Rissotto. For someone generally interested in quantity to keep going all day than quality this meal excelled in both.Pleasant surroundings, attentive service. Best meal of my journey, so much so that I have even bothered to write this review at my earliest opportunity the following month. Well done to all the staff at Tuti's.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

I loved the food .But i disliked the road really loud

2  Thank isabella t
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We thought the place looked a little expensive for two back country hicks but the $10 lunch deal lured us in and what a pleasant surprise we received.
I love iced coffee's and Tuti's has the best ever!!! Also the meals on offer were absolutely delicious, quite a pleasant change from the normal cafe style meals around. There was no stingyness because of the $10 deal and service was first rate.
Actually we had been to two other cafes trying to get a late lunch and had been told the kitchen was closing or that most of the menu was not available any longer so to arrive and be treated like honoured guests even though we were dressed in our fishing best was just beautiful, like the waitress.

I couldn't give Tuti's a high enough rating, it is the best we have ever encountered anywhere. We will be back. In fact we may even try to be dressed more fittingly next time.