“Cramped tent sites”

Alpine-Pacific Holiday Park
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed recently and found the tent sites very cramped and smaller than other sites I've stayed at. Everyone had trouble parking car and hardly any room between tents. I was also stuck in a dark shady corner with no view of anything. Kitchen, toilets and showers were all great. Swiming pool was small but still good and hot spas were great. Site would benefit from a reorganisation of tent sites to allow better views and space for guests. Also the $40 a night for site was also the most ive ever paid for a pitch. There was a fair bit of noise from road in the night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed early new year. Great campsite for campervans, but not suitable for tents as campsites are too small and will only fit an average size tent. No room for your gazebo / umbrella or outdoor table and chairs. Excellent facilities otherwise especially for families with young children. Great location, is very quiet and can walk everywhere. Helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

When travelling through australia and nz, this was definitely one if the best campgrounds, clean facilities. Topics mentioned by other reviewers (timer on showers or small contribution for bbq ) were not an issue at all. Never ran out of water and bbq were in excellent state! Certainly recommend!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed over the busy Christmas season, Staff were very friendly and always willing to help. Park was exceptionally clean and family orientated. We were advised on good, interesting local attractions, some of which we did, and were an amazing experience. We were in walking distance to local shops and restaurants . Will certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Ask the staff what would suit you best. They are very helpful in this regard
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Very good holiday park, I had a power site for a night and we do enjoy here. Kitchen area and toilet blocks super clean and tidy. The showers were very clean, hot and really powerful! The pool area is excellent, we had a great fun there. We would highly recommend to those, and we will definitely be back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

In December I rang and booked at this park for myself and my family for 31st January. When I received the email confirmation, it is in quite small text, and I saw only the date, not noticing it was booked for December, not January. Today I received another email asking me to rate them and thanking me for my stay. This alerted me to the fact I had been misbooked. I immediately rang and spoke to a lady, who was very helpful and was trying to correct the booking, when the same man came on the phone and said there would be no change of booking, as it was my fault. I could accept this if I hadn't turned up, but as it was HIS mistake for booking the wrong month, I think they should honour my original booking. He was very argumentative on the phone shouting me down, for someone in hospitality he doesn't seem to have any customer skills whatsoever. Maybe I've dodged a bullet by not staying here?

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here, stay anywhere but here.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Whoppeecock
AlpinePacificHP, Manager at Alpine-Pacific Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I am extremely sorry you had such a bad experience regarding your booking.Its a shame you didnt get to stay here and experience our hospitality in person.As i am new to this Tripadvisor response page i have only just seen your comment now.I am unsure who would have dealt with you but can only wholeheartedly apologise and hope that you give us another chance, as i can honestly say we are all friendly (and usually very helpful!) and i would be happy to make your next booking experience an enjoyable one! Hope to see you someday :)
Leila

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Friendly staff, extremely clean room and amenities. Pool brilliant for the kids, and adults too. Kitchen area and toilet blocks super clean and tidy. We would highly recommend to others,and we will definitely be back in the not to distant future.