“Far Canal”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The above is the name of Fat Pipi's owners new boat which just shows how friendly and welcoming he is to tourists. Not only are the Pizza's great, the owner gave us fishing tips also. The service and food were terrific, the only downer was that our first choice pizza was not available as run out of ingredients. Located in centre of town, has fantastic outside garden eating area at rear which backs onto the beach. You can eat and enjoy the sunset at same time. They give you a box for leftovers which we enjoyed at breakfast the following day. Gluten free catered for, we ate Italiano and Cajun chicken special - both good

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We were greeted by the very friendly male owner who was very warm, welcoming and lovely. He recommended the whitebait to my brother who loved it. My partner had the chicken and apricot which he said was to die for, and I had the amigos pizza which was the best vege meal I've had in a long time. Yummo crispy base and a lot of topping. I would say it was a reasonable price for the pizza. Paid more for bad pizza many a time. The male owner also did some of the artwork and catches the whitebait and even helped with building the building! Really great spot out back on the beach. Great experience :)

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I'm sorry I can't rave about this place. The pizza is fine. Very tasty but nothing special. However it is pricey and there is a bare minimum of service. You don't get any waitress service and have to root around for your own plates, knives and forks.

From ordering the pizza to it's arrival at our table we waited well over half an hour and even then the pizza wasn't piping hot.

Having eaten at many places around the world I'd say that this place is just 'OK'. I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

If you're on the West Coast of New Zealand and find yourself in Hokitika looking for some good casual dining you will find it at Fat Pipi Pizza’s . The owner is a westcoast character (looks like a member of the Zizzy Top) and the pizza ‘s are awesome. Had the large half and half Punk and Italiano , it was great!!!! Salads was fresh and the staff friendly. It’s right by the beach. Give it a try . We loved it. Just a note it gets really busy and the service can be a bit slow at times but everything is made fresh. ..

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The T-Rex rocks! The whitebait pizza is good but seemed to lack something for me. Pricey as a lunch though. Service could be friendlier.