“Topped off our Hokitika experience”
Review of Fat Pipi Pizzas

Fat Pipi Pizzas
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Hokitika
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We were greeted by the very friendly male owner who was very warm, welcoming and lovely. He recommended the whitebait to my brother who loved it. My partner had the chicken and apricot which he said was to die for, and I had the amigos pizza which was the best vege meal I've had in a long time. Yummo crispy base and a lot of topping. I would say it was a reasonable price for the pizza. Paid more for bad pizza many a time. The male owner also did some of the artwork and catches the whitebait and even helped with building the building! Really great spot out back on the beach. Great experience :)

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I'm sorry I can't rave about this place. The pizza is fine. Very tasty but nothing special. However it is pricey and there is a bare minimum of service. You don't get any waitress service and have to root around for your own plates, knives and forks.

From ordering the pizza to it's arrival at our table we waited well over half an hour and even then the pizza wasn't piping hot.

Having eaten at many places around the world I'd say that this place is just 'OK'. I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

If you're on the West Coast of New Zealand and find yourself in Hokitika looking for some good casual dining you will find it at Fat Pipi Pizza’s . The owner is a westcoast character (looks like a member of the Zizzy Top) and the pizza ‘s are awesome. Had the large half and half Punk and Italiano , it was great!!!! Salads was fresh and the staff friendly. It’s right by the beach. Give it a try . We loved it. Just a note it gets really busy and the service can be a bit slow at times but everything is made fresh. ..

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The T-Rex rocks! The whitebait pizza is good but seemed to lack something for me. Pricey as a lunch though. Service could be friendlier.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Very good pizza, not excellent or best, had better in NZ inc in Nelson. But very good. But medium pizza $20 is pricey by NZ standards, it was good for one but too small for two.
Good salad but nothing special at $12.50.
Maybe they need different prices for kiwis who don't like tourist prices!
Good place, basic but fun. Friendly staff.