“Not what we were expecting..”
Review of Bonzai Cafe

Bonzai Cafe
Ranked #12 of 39 Restaurants in Greymouth
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Established in 1982 the Bonzai has been under new management since June 2015. Now known as the Bonzai Cafe, it still provides all the old favourites, great pizza's and some of the best coffee to be found on the Coast. We've been continuing to improve the range of food available and extended our evening dining menu. We pride ourselves on excellent house made meals and good old West Coast service. All our produce is freshly baked and prepared on site. We make all our own cakes, pies, breads and savouries.
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Unfortunately these pizzas were not very nice- very different from what we are used to. We are from Sydney and have eaten plenty of pizza from plenty of different restaurants. The sauce was like tomato paste straight from the bottle and there was so much cheese the boxes were completely soaked in oil. The bases were really heavy.. Perhaps if you are used to this kind of pizza you will enjoy it!

1  Thank BRWilliams05

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went there about 6pm on weekday by myself. It was probably early for other people, and there was only one another customer who was waiting for take away pizza.
I had a small sized Milano which is a seafood pizza ($15). Lots of shrimps and mussels were on it. It was good and I ate them all though it was too big for me.
I think if there was a little bit smaller one for single women or elder customers, it would be better.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We are from the coast and have many a time dined at Bonzai, this time we were unimpressed to say the least. We arrived at 7.30 and were greeted with a grunt from the waitress. We hadn't even been shown the menu and we were already being asked what we wanted to order. The food I wouldn't rave about ( our plates weren't empty) but we have had pizzas there in the past and they have been great... The service wasn't anything to rave about. My partner and I felt like they were just trying to get rid of us and close up shop for the night, other people arrived and were turned away. Wouldn't dine in but would consider getting a takeaway pizza..

1  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed January 17, 2013

the staff didn't know what drinks they had a tap or even in their fridge. This is restaurant that wants to be a cafe and a pizzeria and a generic restaurant in one, as you see them in lots of smaller towns.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Good pizza, nice staff, decent prices. One of Greymouth's highlights! We go every time we're over there.