“We should have booked more than one night”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greymouth
New River Bluegums Bed & Breakfast Homestay
Ranked #6 of 17 Greymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed the night of 11/11/12. We typically haven't stayed in many B&Bs in the past, but we will definitely do more in the future, since it's a great way to mingle with the natives. We were in the outdoor cottage. This was more like being put up in a country estate. It was incredibly quiet and rustic, but with all the modern conveniences. I only wish it wasn't cloudy that night since it would be a fine place for stargazing - no light pollution there. Our travel agent treated Greymouth as a layover spot on our way to Franz Josef. Using hindsight, there's plenty to do there and it would merit spending a couple of nights. Sharon, Michael, and Harry: we wish you only the best and I hope it showed that AM. Sorry about spilling my cereal bowl!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wayne S

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Sharon and Michael were born for hospitality -- they go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and comfortable. The outdoor cottage was very clean and spacious, and you can notice in the details that a lot of thought has gone into the guest accessories and outfitting of the cottages.

On a personal note, I lost my wallet in the Greymouth area and it was only months later that it was found underneath some furniture at New River Bluegums. Sharon went out of her way to email me and then ship it to me in Boston. It's so nice to see that kindness still exists today.

Will surely be back next time in NZ!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank D3swooshG
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed a couple of nights with Sharon and Mike and we had the best stay of our trip.
The place is so clean and warm , the bed was very comfortable, the location is great, out of town but not too far, and the hospitality was unbeatable. Highly recommended. Well done.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James C
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We stayed here Boxing Day 2011; It was just gorgeous- homely, relaxed and Sharon and Michael were so friendly. Their son Harry served us with fresh pineapple!
very highly recommended if you are travelling from Greymouth to Fox Glacier or Franz Josef.
Breakfast was excellent

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl and Stew... D
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed at New River Blue Gums in March of this year in a cottage suite which we couldnt fault. Sharron and Michael were very welcoming and helpful with local knowledge and suggestions of places we should visit. The breakfast was delicious. This was a lovely family B and B and we would highly recommend it to our friends. We certainly hope to return!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank STEWARTDMarlborough
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed in early March and were disappointed by the accomodations. We stayed in the Tui Room, which was smaller than we expected and not as clean as we would expect and there was no lock on the bedroom door. The "family room", which we had to walk thru to get to our bedroom, was cluttered with childrens toys as were the grounds outside. The pictures are not a true representation of what we received. The hosts were friendly and the breakfast just fine but we felt it was overpriced for what we received. Perhaps staying in the cottages would have been a better option.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank coutou
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We stayed here on our 11 day road trip in Feb. I am sorry to say that this was the only B&B on our journey that I was disappointed in. We stayed in the house in the Tui Room. I guess I expect a B&B to be very clean. Between the mass amount of toys and cobwebs I did not feel that it was up to the standards I expected after reading all the wonderful reviews. I do have to say that the hosts Sharon and Michael were very nice and gave us good ideas of what to do in the area. The breakfast was fantastic. We met some very nice people at breakfast that all seemed delighted to be there. They were staying in the cottages. I have a hard time writing anything negative but would have appreciated knowing what we would find.

Room Tip: Choose the cottages - not the Tui Room.