“Brilliant! ”

Maggie's Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Greymouth
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Good old-fashioned New Zealand cafe.
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

the best service you always feel so welcome! Great food for price! Great wee cafe. Would definitely recommend to anyone, esp if ur low on time. Great job!=)

1  Thank Tez4553

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Have been here several times for coffee but recently went to celebrate a friend's 80th birthday. As the friend is distantly related to the owner the group of about 8 of us got treated like royalty--just about everyone in Greymouth is related to everyone else-- although it looked as if all the customers were getting equally well looked after. The food is well prepared with a good selection of snacks and more substantial fare. Coffee was excellent and the charges very reasonable. The birthday girl was given a bit of cake to share with the whole group--an unplanned and unexpected treat.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

By walking a couple of extra blocks away from the train station, you will be rewarded by home cooked goodness! We had only about 1 and 1/2 hours between arrival and return back to Christchurch on the Tranzalpine railroad and we considered ourselves lucky to find this popular local cafe for lunch. I had the freshest vegetables ever in my smoked chicken garden salad. My husband had a big marvelous bowl of seafood stew he dubbed one of the best meals of our trip to New Zealand. For dessert: the best blueberry muffin HE HAS EVER TASTED! Sunny, attractive cafe environment. I was lusting after a little girl's strawberry milkshake, but willpower won out. I don't think you could go wrong with anything you order at Maggie's Kitchen!

1  Thank activenretired
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Today whilst in Greymouth I went out for a cup of coffee with my father and a friend at Maggie's
Kitchen.I'm so pleased we went there.The cafe/restaurant was very clean and tidy and the cafe staff were very polite and friendly towards me.The ham and cheese sandwich I had was lovely and the coffee was terrific.I would definitely recommend this establishment to anybody wanting
quality food and beverage service at an affordable price

Reviewed January 23, 2014

A journey back in time when good o'l grease was in vouge for food. Good cheap food for a stomach filler.