“creative fine dining”

Buccleugh's on High
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Greymouth
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Buccleugh's On High is a stand alone restaurant but part of the Recreation Hotel. Diners can eat in the restaurant but also have the option of eating off the restaurant menu in our lively and clean bar.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went for an early dinner after work & had a gorgeous meal. Sat next to gas fireplace, warm, cozy & overall room cheerful & inviting lighting. I ordered a vegetable wrap entree that was just lovely, light meal lamb & dessert. All arrived quickly, beautifully plated & delicious with generous portions. My waitress was lovely, personable & attentive. The food was imaginative without being funky or over the top & prices were reasonable. There were numerous seafood options but also a good variety of other dishes to choose from. Will be happy to return.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I would have to say the best food and service. The waitresses were very pleasant and helpful and the food excellent.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

A quick walk down the road from the Gables Motor Lodge so very handy if you are staying here. The mushroom soup I had for entrée was great but the mains we both had were just okay. The highlight was definitely dessert - passionfruit cheesecake. I have to say the best cheesecake I have tasted. Overall would recommend.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We've eaten here twice and on both occasions both my partner and myself have had great food. Top quality produce and great staff give a positive lasting impression.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We popped in here at the suggestion of our hosts at Highgate. The atmosphere was warm and relaxed. Staff were friendly and it was obviously a popular place.
Four slices of garlic bread for $13 was a little expensive and one meal had to be returned because it was cold but otherwise the food was very good.
Desserts were lovely and overall the price wasn't too bad.
Would recommend.