“Greymouth's Best Kept Secret”

Westway Homestay B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greymouth
Westway Homestay B&B
Ranked #8 of 16 Greymouth B&B and Inns
“Greymouth's Best Kept Secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We've stayed here several times now, in fact most times we've passed through Greymouth. John's local knowledge and Wayne's great meals are perfect, as are the lovely warm and well appointed rooms. This is West Coast hospitality at its best and I can't recommend it highly enough. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Granmarose

Families
Arad, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

We stayed two nights at this lovely home stay. It was the night the road to greymouty was blocked and we we were looking for accommodation no matter what it would be. It was a great good surprise to find John and Wayne's beautiful and open hearted home!
The room was great, it was impeccably clean, and the two of them- most friendly. The home is situated in the middle of a splendid garden, very peaceful and delightful.
John was most helpful with travel information and even offered us boots to replace our shoes climbing to the beautiful waterfall nearby. staying with both of them enabled us, coming from abroad, a glimps into the way of thinking of the people of nz. It was like staying with good friends!
I definitely recommend this place to

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank dolil_10
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed in the Greymouth area for five days and had a lovely, lovely time at Westway. The hosts couldn't have been more accommodating and charming and were happy to drive me in to Greymouth at one time to look around, and also took me to the nearby famous/infamous township of Blackball to explore the wonderful charcuterie shop there and also the atmospheric pub.

Westway is very comfortable - warm and clean and impeccably-run and maintained. It's also very homely and relaxed. One of the two hosts, Wayne, is a former chef so the food and wine was great. The setting is terrific as well. It looks down a small green valley which echoes softly to the sounds of native birds, especially the NZ bell bird. Everytime I think about my stay on the West Coast of NZ I think fondly bout Westway.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
leicestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

This is a little gem, furnished in traditional style. Beautifully quiet. We were 'looked after'
so well. Wayn'es cooking was excellent, and John was a perfect host we will be back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
cambridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

Reviews are all about personal opinions so I'll just say I disagree with the previous comments saying this place is pretty average. If this is average, then it's a very high average and I wish all places one visits could come up to this standard. I think when you visit places for the first time you look for flashes of character. It's easy enough to find lots of hotels and motels representing the standard model: comfortable but soulless. Westway has life and it's fun. John is great: informative, interesting and knowledgeable. Wayne is a card: he's droll and he's got a wickedly dry sense of humour. He cooks well and he takes pride in his cooking. I know people come back to Westway time and again, when they visit New Zealand, and that is surely the sign of a place offering a satisfying experience. My wife and I loved it and we'd recommend it to anyone visiting the Greymouth area.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
calvados
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

This is a fairly average homestay. John is very welcoming and interesting - Wayne is okay but rather antisocial at times and very to the point. This is not really an acceptable attitude we feel from the point of view of guests. Breakfast is not too bad, but hardly bounteous and cooking is average. You could do a lot better with a shop around. Plus point is that everything is clean and tidy.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank leboisCalvados
Christchurch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2010

This is the fourth time I have brought friends here so you can tell I am impressed by the hospitality and the service! A beautiful scenic ride on the TransAlpine from Christchurch, finished off by a wonderful relaxed stay with John & Wayne is a lovely break away for me as well as a great way to show off another part of New Zealand to different friends that come to visit me. John's knowledge and commentary of the Greymouth area and Wayne's delightful meals and personality are not to be missed or overlooked if you are heading to the West Coast. I would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends