“Totally fabulous”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Totally fabulous”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and i went here earlier this month and its outstanding,omg the battered bucket of prawns to start is a must,theres a huge menu,we both had steak and it was amazing,cooked perfectly,lovely veg and great chips,wait staff very pleasant.the restraunt itselg is a lovely setting,we will definitely go back,easily the best place in whangerei for food.

• Visited June 2014

Darwin, Australia
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

People do yourself a favour, do lunch at Killer Prawn, the food is brilliant, we had prawn cocktails as a main along with the seafood chowder, brilliant is all I can say, one of the highlights to date. Staff and service 2nd to none.. Keep up the great work

• Visited July 2014
Morrinsville, New Zealand
“Fallen from prior excellence”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I have eaten at Killer Prawn many times in the past when in the area for business. Was my favourite place and one I previously recommended to others. This time around the magic was gone. The service was average and the few groups that were in the resturant were all jammed fairly well together in one area. This also meant that everytime the staff were attending the tables they squashed through behind my chair and brushing against my back on numerous occasions. The food was very ordinary. I had cumin rubbed lamp rump. The cumin was so heavily applied that everything on the plate was overpowered and I ended up mostly aiming for the vegies and left half the meal on the plate. Disappointing at the price. Others at the table were similiarly unimpressed with their mains. I was catching up with old collegues and trying to enjoy the evening however once our mains were done it was clear from the service staff that it was time to move on. Maybe I'll try somewhere else next time.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank aidsnang
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Not impressed this time”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We have eaten at Killer Prawn several times in the past & went again because we had enjoyed the food & atmosphere. This time We were disappointed! I know they were busy but it has been on other occasions & this time it was just not the same. the food was average & a bit expensive for what we had & caring attention to customers was just not there.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Ann H
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Nice dinner out”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Came to Killer Prawn after checking out trip advisor & local knowledge. Not let down at all, lovely food on offer.

Meals were well sized & the Tempura Prawns were the best I have ever had!

Service was ok, although production of a wine/beer list prior to being asked what you would like to drink would be handy.

Venue was warm & welcoming.