“Entertaining Waiter”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Entertaining Waiter”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Enjoyed the banter with the Fijian waiter. Pleasant.
Sat outside, in the non-smoking area, after a bit of confusion at first. Lady inside thought I asked for smoking!
Pasta with red sauce, should have been offered a bib!
Dessert of Chocolate nut tart was divided into two to share.... beautifully presented.
Fast service on drinks!

• Visited January 2014

“awful”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

ate here on a very quiet night for them ... just ordered salads ... how hard can that be? 45 mins later ...no food ... went to ask about it and they had forgotten to place the order. 45 mins again ... 2 ropey rubbish salads with overcooked meat. don't waste your time here, life is too short when there are other nice places around with great food and service

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank vicky m
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Unfriendly and downright nasty waiter”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I've been going to Reva's for a few years now. Food is little bit over average but nice view and had accommodating staff. I went in today with my friend and grandmother was shocked with how we was treated. First I asked if we could sit outside. One of the waitresses said yes and directed us to smoking section without informing us first. We got our menu and my friend had to go in to order our meals and drinks [2 long blacks with Ice] and she also asked for water. When she came back people around us were smoking so we had to move. As we were moving my friend asked for water again and the waiter said "It's over there." They brought water to other tables but we can get it ourselves? We sat down at the new table and the waiter brought iced coffee with ice cream inside. My friend reminded him that this was not what she asked. "We asked for long black with ice. No milk and no cream" to which he replied "That's not milk, it's ice cream." "No. I asked for long black with ice." He finally took them back and left saying "You just said Iced coffee." in a very nasty tone. This was the last straw and we left without having anything. Later my friend told me he was nasty when she was ordering as well. I've been going there for 10 years and the service we received today was absolutely the worst. I will not be going back nor introduce friends to this place.

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank ktlove1010
Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand
“Disrepectful treatment by owners of guests”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We are local to Whangarei - we have not been to this restaurant for years since the owners have been very disrespectful on a number of occasions - i.e. unfriendly and ignorant of our needs.
Additionally the food was rather average in relation to its price.

A reasonable amount of our (local) friends feel the same way about the place and have not been there for many years either.

It is a shame because the location as such is an absolute gem ... stunning!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank 1Maya23
“just a cafe”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

to NOISY CAN,T TALK TO YOUR NEIGHBOUR VERY SLOW Lovely setting if you sit outside otherwise try the other resturants at the Waterfront in Whangarei

• Visited October 2013