“Unfriendly and downright nasty waiter” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Reva's On The Waterfront - CLOSED

Reva's On The Waterfront
Cuisines: Seafood, European, New Zealand, Pizza
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Unfriendly and downright nasty waiter”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I've been going to Reva's for a few years now. Food is little bit over average but nice view and had accommodating staff. I went in today with my friend and grandmother was shocked with how we was treated. First I asked if we could sit outside. One of the waitresses said yes and directed us to smoking section without informing us first. We got our menu and my friend had to go in to order our meals and drinks [2 long blacks with Ice] and she also asked for water. When she came back people around us were smoking so we had to move. As we were moving my friend asked for water again and the waiter said "It's over there." They brought water to other tables but we can get it ourselves? We sat down at the new table and the waiter brought iced coffee with ice cream inside. My friend reminded him that this was not what she asked. "We asked for long black with ice. No milk and no cream" to which he replied "That's not milk, it's ice cream." "No. I asked for long black with ice." He finally took them back and left saying "You just said Iced coffee." in a very nasty tone. This was the last straw and we left without having anything. Later my friend told me he was nasty when she was ordering as well. I've been going there for 10 years and the service we received today was absolutely the worst. I will not be going back nor introduce friends to this place.

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank ktlove1010

Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand
“Disrepectful treatment by owners of guests”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We are local to Whangarei - we have not been to this restaurant for years since the owners have been very disrespectful on a number of occasions - i.e. unfriendly and ignorant of our needs.
Additionally the food was rather average in relation to its price.

A reasonable amount of our (local) friends feel the same way about the place and have not been there for many years either.

It is a shame because the location as such is an absolute gem ... stunning!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 1Maya23
Whangarei, New Zealand
“just a cafe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

to NOISY CAN,T TALK TO YOUR NEIGHBOUR VERY SLOW Lovely setting if you sit outside otherwise try the other resturants at the Waterfront in Whangarei

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank 904margaret
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Terrible food and took AGES”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Terrible food, covered in sauce to disguise the bad cooking. Prawns were fresh - freshly defrosted more like..!! Took 35 minutes for bacon and eggs to be cooked and 10 mins for a glass of wine to arrive. Plastic chairs, plastic tables and waiters who look more bored than the specials board that they wheel from table to table.. I kid you not. A 5foot specials board with 2 specials gets wheeled to your table?!! 2 specials is NOT that hard to remember. Both were basically fish with salad. Go waste your money elsewhere!!

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank Clonkers7
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Good food, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

This riverfront cafe is spacious, relaxing, and serves delicious food and drinks. Staff were friendly. I would go back.

Visited December 2013