“Give it a Miss”

Mondo's
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 3, 2013

For my table of four the food was inedible. Microwaved cheese melt. Tasteless leek and potato soup and blackened mushrooms cooked in what tasted like carnation milk. If a restaurant serves such awful food then it doesn't matter about the other elements.

No refund offered nor given despite full plates of food and it having been brought to their attention. This place gives NZ a bad name.

1  Thank Hell2Please

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have to admit, all the negative reviews are very puzzling to me. My husband and I have been to Whangarei several times and make it a point to enjoy brekkie at Mondo's every time we are there. The food is delicious and creative, and it's obvious the menu is thoughtfully put together. The eggs benedict are the best I've had in any country, much less in New Zealand. The staff are always courteous and do a great job of getting food out quickly and tables cleared promptly. We are loyal patrons and look forward to our next visits! Keep up the great job and the fantastic food!!

1  Thank acrovixen
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We recently made a stop at Mondos over the long weekend, and what an oasis. The food was fantastic, the classics and other dishes with an endearing twist, and the service was just great. The staff and management were extremely busy and yet professional, efficient and still with a welcoming warmth. The setting at the Town Basin is quite special.

This place rivals many a cafe in Auckland and was just what we needed. I would HIGHLY recommend it.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had lunch on Saturday, beautiful meal, great service. We go regularly and have never experienced any of the bad comments on here. Would recommend, awesome location.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Sad thing is we went back, after discussing with the staff about the lack of food quality and presentation. My meal was over cooked and my wife's under cooked. We are in the hospitality business in the Bay Of Islands, and often have recommended to our guests to stop into the town basin for a meal. The game has to be lifted guys. Service was there if you waved your hands about, but the meals were disappointing. No flair what so ever in the 'cabinet' meal choice.

1  Thank Steve W