“Wonderful B&B”
Review of Tealmere Grove B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whangarei
Tealmere Grove B&B
Ranked #11 of 31 Whangarei B&B and Inns
Mississauga, Canada
“Wonderful B&B”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were greeted by the owners of the B&B, were welcomed into their home and treated to a mile-high delicious piece of home-baked apple pie. Our room was comfortable and spacious, complete with its own shower and heated towel racks. There is a comfy common room for guests as well. The grounds are tranquil and beautiful. We stayed one night and awoke to an extensive and delicious full breakfast. Anne and Harry are perfect hosts, and clearly enjoy meeting people and providing exceptional accommodation to visitors to New Zealand. Definitely worth a stay at Tealmere Grove. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marty533

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oregon
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My two adult sons & I were visited the area for three days in early October. Anna & Harry were wonderful! We arrived late, they were awake waiting our arrival with a freshly baked apple pie. She even offered to make us dinner. Their home is lovely, breakfast was delicious. They also rearranged our previously booked arrangements to make us more comfortable. I would definately stay there again!

Room Tip: They have rooms with ensuite bathrooms, one with queen bed, another with queen & single. The roo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mamajujubee
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2013

It was a good decision to stay with Anna and Harry. We stopped by before noon to drop off our bags and were treated to Anna's home-made Dutch plum cake, the best I've ever had. The room was spacious and comfortable, and they had some good suggestions for things to do. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caminoista
Great Missenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We found Tealmere Grove through the local tourist office and really fell on our feet. We only wanted 2 nights but stayed for 7. Anne and Harrie made us so welcome that we really did feel part of the family. The breakfast was fantastic and the overall hospitality was such that you really did not want to leave. A very nice room in immaculate condition and would recommend it to anyone touring the North Island.

Room Tip: No swimming pool (got carried away doing the assessment).
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William D
Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2013

It's pretty much all been said before by other reviewers...great welcome received, made to feel immediately at home, quiet location (about 3km from the city centre) and nice facilities. Anne clearly adored my little baby girl with lots of welcome attention and nice hugs. They had a teddy bear, cot, high chair etc all ready to go. Its the personal touch by owners that truly care that make this a great place to stay. 'Nuff said.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2013

A warm and friendly welcome (lovely Dutch apple cake !) at the pretty bungalow set in an attractive and very quiet residential estate. Anna gave us some helpful advice about the local sights and restaurants at Whangarei Town Basin. Tealmere Grove is a convenient stopover from Auckland to Bay of Islands.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I was made to feel welcome from my first inquiry, through phone calls on my arrival in Whangarei, and throughout my stay, so I would recommend Tealmere Grove both for people travelling alone or more than one together. Normally I would be travelling with my partner Heather, but made this trip to NZ by myself, so was pleased to find such a good and flexible place to stay.

Arriving by foot on a very hot day, and feeling hot and tired, I was greeted warmly by Anna and immediately offered refreshments and a place to rest, and this was characteristic of her attentive hospitality.

The room was very comfortable, with everything necessary for a pleasant stay, and the setting is quiet and calm. Breakfast was exactly as I wished, and I felt well looked after.

On the morning I left, Anne drove me to the city centre, so I could get a bus to the airport. After I had had to return to the b & b to retrieve my tickets and passports (and rearrange my flight back to Auckland). Anne offered immediately to take me back to the city, so I could catch my connections, and minimise the disruptions of my own carelessness. I was touched by her repeated acts of kindness.

I would recommend Tealmere Grove without hesitation. Finally, don't forget to ask about the bush path shortcut, and if you are keen on horses, about their daughter's equestrian centre. Without doubt, I will return to Tealmere Grove, the oasis in Maunu.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo