Tealmere Grove B&B
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Whangarei
See available hotels
  • Pool
Lodge Bordeaux(Whangarei)
The Grand Hotel(Whangarei)
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2013

It's pretty much all been said before by other reviewers...great welcome received, made to feel immediately at home, quiet location (about 3km from the city centre) and nice facilities. Anne clearly adored my little baby girl with lots of welcome attention and nice hugs. They had a teddy bear, cot, high chair etc all ready to go. Its the personal touch by owners that truly care that make this a great place to stay. 'Nuff said.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

A warm and friendly welcome (lovely Dutch apple cake !) at the pretty bungalow set in an attractive and very quiet residential estate. Anna gave us some helpful advice about the local sights and restaurants at Whangarei Town Basin. Tealmere Grove is a convenient stopover from Auckland to Bay of Islands.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was made to feel welcome from my first inquiry, through phone calls on my arrival in Whangarei, and throughout my stay, so I would recommend Tealmere Grove both for people travelling alone or more than one together. Normally I would be travelling with my partner Heather, but made this trip to NZ by myself, so was pleased to find such a good and flexible place to stay.

Arriving by foot on a very hot day, and feeling hot and tired, I was greeted warmly by Anna and immediately offered refreshments and a place to rest, and this was characteristic of her attentive hospitality.

The room was very comfortable, with everything necessary for a pleasant stay, and the setting is quiet and calm. Breakfast was exactly as I wished, and I felt well looked after.

On the morning I left, Anne drove me to the city centre, so I could get a bus to the airport. After I had had to return to the b & b to retrieve my tickets and passports (and rearrange my flight back to Auckland). Anne offered immediately to take me back to the city, so I could catch my connections, and minimise the disruptions of my own carelessness. I was touched by her repeated acts of kindness.

I would recommend Tealmere Grove without hesitation. Finally, don't forget to ask about the bush path shortcut, and if you are keen on horses, about their daughter's equestrian centre. Without doubt, I will return to Tealmere Grove, the oasis in Maunu.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We chose Tealmere Grove for its locality to the Whangarei A & P show grounds. It was a very good choice on our part. Anna & Harry were great hosts. We came in tired after showing our cattle to two very warm welcoming people. We travel over 5 hours in a truck to get to Whangarei, it was so enjoyable to sit and relax in a very private and beautiful garden in the evening surrounded by native trees and the singing of the native birds that abound there. Anna's meals were excellent, the room was very comfortable with all your needs catered for. We would highly reccommend Tealmere Grove B & B and will most certainly be staying there on our next visit to Whangarei,Thank you Anna and Harry for your warm, friendly hospitality, much appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed here for 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed every moment. Anna and Harry were so warm and welcoming and their home is an absolute delight. Anna couldn't do enough for us and her breakfasts were great. You feel very safe staying there as it is in a gated street, so very quiet. There were great conversations as well. We would certainly recommend their B & B and would book again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple