“Two night stay at Lupton Lodge”
Review of Lupton Lodge

Lupton Lodge
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Whangarei
London, United Kingdom
“Two night stay at Lupton Lodge”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had no idea that Lupton Lodge would be so good, from the bedroom to the restaurant the standard was very very high. You must try the breakfast, it is fantastic, Andy is a great cook, we stayed there for two nights & didn't bother to go into the city to eat, the food at Lupton Lodge is first class.

Room Tip: Lupton Lodge is easy to find, if your turn off the main road near the golf course you are heading th...
ANDYCHEF, Owner at Lupton Lodge, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thanks for your great comments - it is very much appreciated

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were so delighted to spend part of our Christmas Holiday at Lupton Lodge :) We arrived on Christmas day after a delayed flight and long drive from Auckland, and we couldn't;t have had a better welcome. Christmas dinner was delicious and our hosts (Andy and Karen) were fantastic, they have lots of advice and suggestions about where to go. Room was lovely and the Lodge is very informal, yet at the same time luxurious. If we are in Whangerhei again we will definitely return - thank you so much!

ANDYCHEF, Owner at Lupton Lodge, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thankyou for your fantastic review - glad you had such a good Xmas
Battle, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was a great location even though we only had one night here. Very helpful host who on top of all was an excellent cook . I now cannot remember what we had but I do remember it was hot( very important) and delicious. Would recommend this B and B to friends and family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ANDYCHEF, Owner at Lupton Lodge, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thanks very much for your review - glad you enjoyed your stay
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 23, 2013

After a long day on the road, we were pleased to arrive to our host Andy and our room at Lupton Lodge. The rooms definitely have character in the best possible way. We took the option for Andy to cook for us and the meals were very nice. Andy gave us great suggestions for our next day on the road and pointed out some fantastic walks on the Tutukaka coast. Would recommend to other travellers looking to stay somewhere with history and character.

Room Tip: We stayed in the gold room. The bathroom was very spacious and had a claw foot bath.
ANDYCHEF, Owner at Lupton Lodge, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thankyou very much for your lovely review - it is very much appreciated
Lyss, Switzerland
Reviewed December 22, 2013

It was one of the best Lodges I stayed during my trip in New Zealand! A highlight during my travel and to stay at Lupton Lodge! It is such a wonderful and beauyful place and lodge close to Whangerei. Calm and in the middle of nature. Just a paradies to spend a fiew days to relax and just enjoy and wind down! Top modern furnished and inlcudes all details what a guest wishes! Super service and I liked it so much that I decided to return after again after visiting cape reinga. Host Andy was so fantastic - super service, super breakfast and a absolutely amazing dinner which was brought to my terrasse personally! I enjoyed my stay and it was hard to leave! I highly recommend Lupton Lodge - it is a must to stay and I will come back of sure! Thank you Andy for everything!

Room Tip: I recomand "green Lodge". It was my favorite one!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Karen772013
ANDYCHEF, Owner at Lupton Lodge, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thanks for your great review and hope you had a wonderful Christmas
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I brought two friends to NZ to visit the far north island. I chose Lupton Lodge specifically as a place to recover from a long international flight and the stress of my first attempt at driving on the opposite side of the road. I knew that my priority would be a good sleep and a good breakfast with good coffee. All my wishes were granted. I don’t sleep well but I did in this quiet country retreat. I stayed in the spacious converted barn, a modern suite with kitchen, a lux bed, heated towels, a patio area with a large folding window wall that enabled me to walk into the citrus fruit orchard and the hear the sounds of the exotic birds. My friends stayed in the suite above me but I couldn't hear them. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast and got some good suggestions and directions from our host, and off we went. Lupton Lodge was the best place we stayed at in NZ. The host was helpful and easy, the grounds were beautiful, the house was gorgeous and our rooms were a welcome retreat.

Room Tip: the 'converted barn' suite on the ground floor was fantastic, as was the upstairs suite.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ANDYCHEF, Owner at Lupton Lodge, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thanks for your great review and glad you had a good trip
UK
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

For some strange reason Tripadvisor has put the venue under B&B, which it most definitely isn't!
Lupton Lodge is a lovely boutique hotel with a variety of different rooms in an old house with loads of character and history. We were treated to a gourmet dinner on arrival cooked by our host who may well have missed his calling as a chef! (I'd strongly recommend taking up the dinner offer as it is much cheaper than eating out, but with excellent quality and a decent wine list)
The breakfast was equally good and cooked to order when we came into the dining room in the morning.
There is a nice sized pool and separate lounge room complete with pool table and library in a converted outbuilding next to the Lodge for you to relax in.
The building is surrounded by gardens and local vegetation so nicely isolated, but still within a few minutes drive of the town centre.
Ideal for a couple of days to relax and unwind with a touch of luxury

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MayesTripper
ANDYCHEF, Owner at Lupton Lodge, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thankyou for your great review - we really appreciate it
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whangarei
Comfort Hotel Flames Whangarei
Discovery Settlers Hotel Whangarei
Lodge Bordeaux
Lodge Bordeaux
#2 of 34 in Whangarei

Been to Lupton Lodge? Share your experiences!