“coffee and cake stop”

Ranked #18 of 137 Restaurants in Whangarei
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 8, 2014

had a really great coffee and some cake here. attractive cabinet filled with goodies. pleasant outlook next to the garden center. saw some nice looking meals go out.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We had breakfast here recently and we enjoyed it. Overall yes, we enjoyed it. The coffee was fab, the staff lovely and attentive, the setting gorgeous... However the food was a little lacking. I think they could benefit from spending a little more on better produce. It's counter productive to use cheap produce!! But hey... All in all we enjoyed it. Had seconds on coffee... They run two blends as well which is a lovely touch.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We were recommended this cafe by a local chap. Great coffee and food, in a nice setting, We actually returned a week later for lunch on our way home and it was consistently yummy.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We happened upon this cafe by accident on a Sunday morning, driving down from Northland to Auckland, and it was absolutely packed with locals, including people going to the garden centre next door. We had excellent cappuccino and two delicious cakes. The cafe also serves light lunches. Though not advertised, you can also ask for a password to access the free Wifi.

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Came here for a surprise birthday party at breakfast time. As we were a large group we were asked a few days prior to pre-order. I saw no problem with this. When we arrived we went up to the counter to give our name and meal we pre-ordered. While waiting in line I listened and watch as a waitress walked around the cafe calling out a meal that I had pre-ordered. Annoyed no one claimed it she came back to the country with it to take into the kitchen. At the same time I told the lady at the counter my name and pre-ordered meal. Straight away the waitress tried to Palm off the meal she had spent 5 minutes walking around the cafe with plus the extra time it sat on the kitchen bench. I said I warned a fresh one, that I had only just arrived, so there was no way that was mine. She gave me a smug look and put the meal back I the kitchen counter. I took my seat along with those at my table, and no sooner my meal arrived minus those who ordered along with me. I'm no fool, I know it was the same meal, just re-heated. Very disappointed. I only are it as did not want to cause a fuss for the birthday guest and just didn't want to deal with that rude and smug waitress again. Shame really as I'm a local to the area and would have gone back if my meal had of being fresh.

3  Thank littlecheese3