“Impressed and happy”
Review of Outboards Restaurant - CLOSED

Outboards Restaurant
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nice relaxed cozy little restaurant that serves a range of delicious cusine.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Well we thought we were going to the" local pub restaurant eatery" which was fine as our expectations were what you would expect in any town large or small. Umm- yum what we got was lovely tasty and generous meals that rivaled more than a few Auckland restaurants we've been to..and we're from Auckland. Service was great, attentive and genuine. We would most definitely go back when in the area, for sure. Whoever is cooking..your good, as my husband still says it's the best steak he ever had! Trust me he's had many. I had the salmon and it was delicious- Cheers.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Once inside you will be amazed by the excellent quality of the food which you would not necessarily guess as the restaurant is attached (though separate) to the tavern. This was our second visit and both have been really really good. I normally only have a maximum of 2 courses while eating out but both times here I went for 3 as the menu is so inviting.
I particularly enjoyed the belly pork for entree which was cooked perfectly. The service was not the best I have encountered but nothing to complain about. However we were there for the food which I could not fault.
What was really nice was that the chef came out for a chat after we expressed our delight at the food to the waitress.
We will definitely be going again.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My sister and I dropped in randomly en route to Auckland and we were extremely impressed with the food and service. What started as just a main dish each quickly turned into a three course meal as we found ourselves salivating over the (dear I say) perfectly crafted menu; what a terrific idea! We shared all six dishes and each was absolutely exquisite - fine culinary art! Staff were also very lovely, the chef even personally came out to ensure we were enjoying our meals. Coming from Melbourne, we have a very high standard of food and Outboards blew us out of the water. Will definitely stop here again next time I am in the country!!! Well done

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Came here for dinner based on Trip Advisor. We were pretty much the only people there when we arrived at 6pm but by the time we left the place was packed. Service was ok, nothing out of this world. Food was good. Had the duck starter, which is did not enjoy, the hot and cold did not work in my opinion. However the main of the steak was cooked perfectly, chips were great. Others had desert which they all said was good. Worth a trip.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We actually got married at this restaurant back in october and our family quite often go there for sunday dinner and are always impressed by the food AND the staff, the meals are soooo delicious every time, without fail! Massive thankyou to the chef and the witresses for doing an amazing job!

1  Thank janerata