“Best food I have had in NZ!”
Review of Outboards Restaurant - CLOSED

Outboards Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, New Zealand
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nice relaxed cozy little restaurant that serves a range of delicious cusine.
Melbourne, Australia
“Best food I have had in NZ!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My sister and I dropped in randomly en route to Auckland and we were extremely impressed with the food and service. What started as just a main dish each quickly turned into a three course meal as we found ourselves salivating over the (dear I say) perfectly crafted menu; what a terrific idea! We shared all six dishes and each was absolutely exquisite - fine culinary art! Staff were also very lovely, the chef even personally came out to ensure we were enjoying our meals. Coming from Melbourne, we have a very high standard of food and Outboards blew us out of the water. Will definitely stop here again next time I am in the country!!! Well done

• Visited July 2014

Waipu, New Zealand
“Was Good”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Came here for dinner based on Trip Advisor. We were pretty much the only people there when we arrived at 6pm but by the time we left the place was packed. Service was ok, nothing out of this world. Food was good. Had the duck starter, which is did not enjoy, the hot and cold did not work in my opinion. However the main of the steak was cooked perfectly, chips were great. Others had desert which they all said was good. Worth a trip.

• Visited June 2014
Ruakaka, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“always exceptional food and service”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We actually got married at this restaurant back in october and our family quite often go there for sunday dinner and are always impressed by the food AND the staff, the meals are soooo delicious every time, without fail! Massive thankyou to the chef and the witresses for doing an amazing job!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank janerata
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Thought we would give it another go..”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

After previous disappointing visits we thought we would give it one last go. Unfortunately it will be our last try. We had the $30 2 course set menu thinking it would be a better option considering their mains were around $30 each anyway. The entrees were ok (pumpkin soup with breads & avocado shrimp salad) but the mains were very average & left us feeling like we had been provided with a cheaply constructed meal. I'm surprised with the other reviews because we didn't find the atmosphere to be very relaxing at all. My husband had a lot of trouble feeling relaxed as he couldnt even get his legs under the table. I'm quite little & even my legs were squished under there. The chairs are very uncomfortable & we kept shifting around trying to get settled. The chef was also aggressively 'talking' to his wait staff which was travelling through the restaurant. In saying all of this we found the waitresses to be very pleasant & felt sorry for them.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank SmBrat
Whangarei, New Zealand
“The best!!! Absolutely faultless. Delicious and beautiful food.”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The title says it all but I CANNOT fault this place on any level. My husband and I went for my birthday on Saturday night and it was perfect... Absolutely perfect. And we had 2 starters, 2 main meals, breads and homemade dips, a dessert, a round of drinks and 2 coffees for 139 dollars.... This is such incredible value!! If only we lived closer it'd be dangerous. I'd be there every weekend. Thank you!!!!

• Visited March 2014