“always exceptional food and service”
Review of Outboards Restaurant - CLOSED

Outboards Restaurant
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nice relaxed cozy little restaurant that serves a range of delicious cusine.
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We actually got married at this restaurant back in october and our family quite often go there for sunday dinner and are always impressed by the food AND the staff, the meals are soooo delicious every time, without fail! Massive thankyou to the chef and the witresses for doing an amazing job!

1  Thank janerata

Reviewed May 18, 2014

After previous disappointing visits we thought we would give it one last go. Unfortunately it will be our last try. We had the $30 2 course set menu thinking it would be a better option considering their mains were around $30 each anyway. The entrees were ok (pumpkin soup with breads & avocado shrimp salad) but the mains were very average & left us feeling like we had been provided with a cheaply constructed meal. I'm surprised with the other reviews because we didn't find the atmosphere to be very relaxing at all. My husband had a lot of trouble feeling relaxed as he couldnt even get his legs under the table. I'm quite little & even my legs were squished under there. The chairs are very uncomfortable & we kept shifting around trying to get settled. The chef was also aggressively 'talking' to his wait staff which was travelling through the restaurant. In saying all of this we found the waitresses to be very pleasant & felt sorry for them.

1  Thank SmBrat
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The title says it all but I CANNOT fault this place on any level. My husband and I went for my birthday on Saturday night and it was perfect... Absolutely perfect. And we had 2 starters, 2 main meals, breads and homemade dips, a dessert, a round of drinks and 2 coffees for 139 dollars.... This is such incredible value!! If only we lived closer it'd be dangerous. I'd be there every weekend. Thank you!!!!

1  Thank Bexen
Reviewed March 7, 2014

On our wedding ann we had dinner at outboards we had the spiced meat balls for our
Entrées the flavour was great just the right spices both main dishes where very good would
like the recipes for the meat balls a very friendly restaurant with great food and good staff
cant wait to go back. Would tell all to go and taste some great food presented well and good value.

1  Thank kim b
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We decided to try this Restaurant after hearing such good news about. The menu had a good choice of food, we could only manage the main course but would have loved to have tried the deserts too. Check out their Menu on Facebook :-)