“Ab Fab Darling” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Outboards Restaurant - CLOSED

Outboards Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, New Zealand
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nice relaxed cozy little restaurant that serves a range of delicious cusine.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Ab Fab Darling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

The entree thru to dessert was ab fab, so tasty and fresh. Top quality produce and top quality chefs!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Whangarei, New Zealand
“Great food & atmosphere would definitely visit again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Some might say I'm a fussy eater. It's annoying to go to a restaurant and see nothing on the menu that appeals or you could make it at home yourself. This is not the case at Outboards. There were so many mouth-watering options for entrees & mains it was a tough choice. Of course I had to choose seafood and was very delighted with the squid and salmon for main. My dining companions raved about the pork belly & the only fault was the hapuka/dory main which wasn't as fresh as we Northlanders expect. Particularly liked the old oak furniture like the grandparents. And looking forward to going again.

• Visited January 2014
“5 Stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Just want to say what a fantastic place this is to eat..great food..great atmosphere..and really friendly staff..5 star recommendation..would definitely recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family.

Visited December 2013
Tauranga, New Zealand
“What an absolute gem.!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I came up from Taurange to One Tree Point to stay with friends on holiday a few weeks ago. They took me to their 'favourite' restaurant in Ruakaka. Not knowing what to expect in a small coastal town, I was absolutely thrilled with the entire evening.
The menu had such interesting choices, it was hard to decide what to have. Well my friends were right. Every dish we had was a wonderful combination of flavours made with seasonal fresh ingredients. The interior of the restaurant is clean colours, fresh looking and relaxing. The staff were friendly, and looked after us all well. Jay the chef who moved over from London for the quiet life, introduced himslef to me. He is very amical and seemed on a first name basis with many of the locals! May not be such a quiet life for him, with this busy restaurant.
My husband and I eat out in very good restaurants in Tauranga regularly, but honestly, nothing has reached the quality of the food at Outboards. The prices were so reasonable at Outboards for the quality, when compared to what we have to pay back home.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!
Margaret H
Tauranga. NZ

• Visited November 2013
Whangarei, New Zealand
“OUTBOARDS - AN ESSENTIAL VISIT!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Last night I had one of the best meals I have ever had. Set in a relaxed coastal style setting, I was blown away by the complexity of the menu. The best part was the food 100% backed up the expectation. Jay and his team produce brilliant food that is worthy of the best restaurants in any major City. I highly recommend you visit this place if you appreciate food. Jay is also a top bloke and it was great to chat with him after dinner about his background and philisophy.

I will go out of my way to go there again...

• Visited November 2013