“Ribs and chips”

Ranked #88 of 134 Restaurants in Whangarei
Sunderland
“Ribs and chips”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I went into this tavern to pass 2/3 hours ,while my wife went to the cinema one Thursday evening .
Feeling a little peckish, I ordered the Ribs and Chips, and while waiting had a couple of beers .
I looked at the serving area and saw a massive plate of ribs being carried towards me .As the plate was piled high I thought it was a plate for 2 sharing , but no , it was mine , a large oval plate covered with chips and topped with countless ribs .
I managed to eat it all but I have never been so stuffed , and they were delicious .
Later in the evening there was an enjoyable quiz , with interesting questions and some little games (heads and tails ) .
One little tip , if you are going to have more than 3 beers , order a jug .You get a little more and it is cheaper .
A few days later I revisited with my wife ,sister and brother in law , for something to eat . On my recommendation we ordered the Ribs , but only 2 servings . Before they came we were each given a bowl of Mussels in shells free . When our order came they had divided it onto 4 plates for us .
If you want something to eat and pass a couple of hours I would recommend this Tavern .

• Visited April 2013