“stunning”

Poor Knights Island Marine Reserve
Ranked #8 of 58 things to do in Whangarei
More attraction details
Owner description: World-renowned diver Jacques-Yves Cousteau rated this reserve, notable for its excellent visibility, as one of the top ten places to dive in the world.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We have been a few times now including staying over night in our boat. Kids love it. Jumping in off the boat and swimming amongst the may fish is just fantastic. It really is a must if you are in the area.

1  Thank lorrainechris43

Reviewed April 9, 2014

The Poor knights is the most awesome place to go, the water is so blue and warm, i really want to go back there soon.
I was aboard Lion New Zealand when I went

3  Thank Benjamin S W
Reviewed March 22, 2014

This place is amazing. I went on the perfect day boat and went snorkelling. I think it is the best snorkelling spot in New Zealand and you must do it. Not only is it amazing snorkelling with heaps of fish, but the views of the islands are gorgeous. Check out some of my photos here:

We were lucky on the way back, seeing a few orca.

7  Thank Renee G
Reviewed March 19, 2014

be aware, they call 20 degrees warm water :) but once you'll get over the shock,it is amazing diving. through tunnels and caves, archways where the light filters through. massive crayfish and kingfish and the kelpforest is fun . to top it off, the scenery over water if breathtaking and when you're in the world largest water cave you're just in awe.

1  Thank lina l
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I took a boat trip out here (with Perfect Day) and did some snorkeling. I was seasick, so didn't see as much, but my husband got some great pictures of the fish. The caves and sea-arches are fascinating, and this is a place well worth visiting. Kayaking, snorkeling, diving, and just looking at the scenery are all options here.

1  Thank Elizabeth B