“Thank you for a fantastic dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Dining

Red Dining
Ranked #23 of 128 Restaurants in Whangarei
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank you for a fantastic dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Your pizza was amazing and I was very impressed you cater to us who don't eat gluten.I loved your Gluten free pizza so much! I can not believe it was gluten free.
There were many choices on the menu besides pizza. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. Dessert was divine!!!
Beautiful atmosphere, loads of parking, fantastic service and very reasonably priced. We'll be back!

1 Thank 123Tania
ManagerRed, Manager at Red Dining, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you Tania for taking the time to tell others about our "fabulous gluten free" options.

We appreciate your lovely review bringing attention to our range. Often there is not much choice for celiac's in restaurants but at RED all of our pizza toppings are gluten free and we have many other entree/main/dessert options available. We look forward to seeing you again soon :-)

Whangarei, New Zealand
“Not for the under 3's...or their mums”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Just visited for lunch on Mothers Day with our family. I, as did another lady from a different group sitting on the table next to us have a young baby with me. While waiting for our lunch it came time to change my sons nappy. I was surprised to find no change table in the toilets so asked a passing waitress where it was located. She quickly mumbled something and went to get who I assume was the manager. By this stage another mother had appeared looking for the change table also. We were then suddenly faced with the manager who very rudely & sarcastically said ' you know I lived in samoa for time & you know what they did, they made do. So you know what, you can pick your babies up & go out to the car & open the boot & put the baby down there and change their nappies'. I was so shocked & upset with the way she spoke to us. I & after speaking to the family of the other lady felt sooo belittled and just absolutely dumb founded as to why we needed to be treated like that. Then she told us they choose not to cater for babies (kids in nappies). After changing my child in the car I re-entered the restaurant and was meet with the manager who aggressively said 'thanks for you understanding'. I felt so confronted. She also spoke to my mother telling her that young mothers (im not young) these days expect too much & need to realise they don't have to be provided with anything- my mother was very upset. I felt so embarrassed that when it came time to feed my baby I did that in the car also - it was a very hot day. In the end I pretty much spent the whole time outside in the car and away from my family on what was supposed to be a family day. I understand they may want to discourage babies in their restaurant to ensure a certain atmosphere but there are times when babies are inevitable- such as family occasions & its completely awful to be made to feel so unwelcome.

5 Thank SmBrat
“Disappointing "Family" Restaurant!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Just had lunch here to celebrate Mother's Day with our family. The food was very nice, the waitress did an excellent job, but the time from ordering to being served, especially regarding liquid refreshments, was very slow. We, along with a few other groups of people at the restaurant, had a baby (still in nappies) with us, and I was absolutely appalled at the way the mothers of these babies were treated when it became necessary for their nappies to be changed. Not only was there nowhere to change their nappies, but, upon enquiring as to where they could carry out this necessary procedure, they were quite abruptly told that "we do not cater for children this young, you will have to go and change their nappies in your car"! Shame on you for making these young mothers feel so unwelcome, embarrassed and totally uncomfortable, in your "FAMILY" restaurant, on what should have been a memorable occasion (Mother's Day - to be shared together as a family unit). You certainly have ample room to easily install a wall mounted, fold down change table in the ladies toilet area!!!

3 Thank Anne L
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Very well done”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Its a very laid back but proffesional restaurant that focuses on the quality of food and service to customers. Not pretentious like many italian restaurants. Food was great. Service was great

ManagerRed, Manager at Red Dining, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review following your recent dining experience
We look forward to seeing you again! :-)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“An absolute 'must visit' in Northland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I'm based in Auckland and was in Whangarei today for business, finished off a tough day of appointments by having dinner with two of my favourite clients who suggested this restaurant; I can't thank them enough. I had the prawn entrée - phenomenal! The amazing avocado mousse is to die for. Had the steak main which was cooked to absolute perfection with just the right portions and finally was blown away by the red lava signature dessert. This place is as good as any fine dining I've experienced in the bigger cities in NZ - I give it my highest endorsement. Whoever set this restaurant up is a genius - please do one in Auckland!!!

• Visited April 2014
ManagerRed, Manager at Red Dining, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Your appreciation of our restaurant is valued. Thank you for taking the time to give us such high praise. Our team all work hard to provide the best service possible. Thanks again! :-)