“Fab trip”
Review of Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary - CLOSED

Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have always wanted to visit the park since watching 'The Lion Man' on TV, so we included a visit as part of our holiday north.
The weather was a bit rainy but we were all offered umbrellas to take around with us. We did the 'Feeding tour' and our guide was Selina, she was really enthusiastic about the cats and had a ton of knowledge.
Not cheap, but well worth it for the close up experiences with these beautiful creatures, my personal faves being the white tigers.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

What an amazing collection of beautiful animals, such a surprise to see them in such a lovely environment, so close to the city.
Our guide, Georgie was great and obviously really love the big cats!
I would highly recommend this for all ages, a beautiful experience and one we would do again very soon!
I will bring all my overseas friends here from now on, it is well worth the drive to Whangerei.
Happy and proud we have someone who cares this much in little old NZ!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife and I visited in November 2013 having seen the LionMan series on UK television. Visiting midweek it was very quiet and we had a tour keeper to ourselves. She was very chatty and clearly passionate and knowledgeable about the big cats which added to our enjoyment of the visit. There didn't seem to be as many cats as we expected and some of the enclosures seemed small for such large animals. However, the animals did seem to be in superb condition which is the most important thing. Pity we didn't manage to see Craig Butsch but apparently he is in Africa most of the time now. It seemed strange that had he been on site, a notice prohibits any photographs being taken of him without prior permission? There also seems to be major issues about the parks financial position. All in all we enjoyed the visit and were glad we made the effort.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank ColTan14
KingdomofZion, Front Office Manager at Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for visiting us at Kingdom of Zion and we appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.

I was just wanted to make a quick comment about photos of Craig Busch. It is not intended to be a notice which prohibits photos. When Craig is on site he is always happy for photos to be taken, but just as a courtesy, he likes to be asked first :-) Perhaps we should adjust our wording so it sounds a little less onerous.

Thanks again for visiting.

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Average experience in regards to how much you pay. Guide was pushy - a real let down to see these beautiful animals in these small enclosures

1  Thank Dannilamb84

Thank you for visiting Kingdom of Zion and for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that your guide was not as we would have hoped. This is not indicative of our service, so if you would like to confirm the date and time of your visit I will follow this up immediately so we can improve for the future. You can email me at office@kingdomofzion.co.nz

We do take advice from other experts and animal behaviourists to ensure the needs of all our big cats are met. We believe that they are all well cared for and in superb condition.

If you are in the area again I would be happy to offer you a free Feed tour, to attempt to redress your disappointment. Thanks again for drawing this to our attention.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Really enjoyed this attraction, as a local, I'm sorry it took so long to actually get there! Knowledgeable friendly staff and it was really easy to see all the animals there. Definitely recommend :)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction