“Loved it”
Review of Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary - CLOSED

Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Really enjoyed this attraction, as a local, I'm sorry it took so long to actually get there! Knowledgeable friendly staff and it was really easy to see all the animals there. Definitely recommend :)

1  Thank Sarah E
There are newer reviews for Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I don't understand why people drive so far out into the country side to see this zoo. The animals are really not that special (they have nothing to do with NZ)and the settings seem like a zoo prison. The hosts are all dressed up in safari outfits which seems ludicrous. Anyway,
i'm being overly generous with an average rating. The best part of the trip out and back was the beautiful NZ countryside and two wild turkeys I saw by the side of the road. I would not recommend this form of Zion.

KingdomofZion, Front Office Manager at Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for visiting Kingdom of Zion and for taking the time to give us your feedback. I can't seem to find you on our visitor database so it would assist me if you could advise the time and date of your visit. You can email me on office@kingdomofzion.co.nz.

We accept that the cats are not NZ native nor do we portray them as such. We hope that people who visit us and who get to see our wonderful big cats up close might feel more engaged to support conservation of these animals. For many it will be there only chance to see lions and tigers at such close proximity. We do hope that all visitors take away a little information that they were unaware of before.

As they say, you can't please all of the people all of the time and this was clearly not your cup of tea :-) I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your visit to NZ and once again thank you for taking the time to comment.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We have to say our trip wasn't planned to Zion, we were travelling close by.
Really pleased we took the time out to go, it was excellent, the place, the staff, the animals all really great, specially the tigers!!! Oh, and the white lions, Oh and the film star, in fact everything about the place. Just go!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We felt very safe while in the park our tour guide made us feel welcome and answered all questions. We are a low income family, this was a very expensive outing for us, therefore this was a one off experience, which the two teenagers enjoyed and for those of you without teenagers they are a tough audience! One of my teenagers is also intellectually challenged and had no problem with understanding the guide and she answered all his questions. On the day we went through, we went through with a very large group and there were lovely clean toilets and disabled toilets and ample parking

Reviewed December 12, 2013

With my best friend over visiting from the UK this was a great opportunity for me to go and visit the home of 'the lion man' - having watched it avidly when I lived in the UK. We were the only people on the feed tour (others had cancelled due to weather forecast....turned out to be a beautiful day!) and had a fabulous time.

I did feel bad because they didn't have a lot of space to run around but I know that the park looks after these animals very well and that they are keen to expand the park - however, they rely on donations only and don't receive any government funding. It's not a cheap hobby! Staff are extremely knowledgeable and are keen to share this amazing experience.

We paid extra to go into the cheetah enclosure and hand feed the cheetahs - I highly recommend it. It was quite scary to think about but doing it was mind blowing. I still can't quite believe I've done it! Keep up the great work guys and gals!