“Amazing time at Kingdom of Zion!”
Review of Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary - CLOSED

Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary
Reviewed December 12, 2013

With my best friend over visiting from the UK this was a great opportunity for me to go and visit the home of 'the lion man' - having watched it avidly when I lived in the UK. We were the only people on the feed tour (others had cancelled due to weather forecast....turned out to be a beautiful day!) and had a fabulous time.

I did feel bad because they didn't have a lot of space to run around but I know that the park looks after these animals very well and that they are keen to expand the park - however, they rely on donations only and don't receive any government funding. It's not a cheap hobby! Staff are extremely knowledgeable and are keen to share this amazing experience.

We paid extra to go into the cheetah enclosure and hand feed the cheetahs - I highly recommend it. It was quite scary to think about but doing it was mind blowing. I still can't quite believe I've done it! Keep up the great work guys and gals!

There are newer reviews for Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We enjoyed a great time at the Kingdom of Zion during our visit to New Zealand. We had planned to visit Whangarei after seeing the T.V. program on the wild cats in the U.K. some years ago. . Our party consisted of a fairly wide age range of folk and It was great to see the wild cats up close and kept in such good conditions. The young lady who was our guide was very informative and was also careful that our safety was paramount to our visit. Whilst it is somewhat expensive, the visitor admission price is the prime source of reveue to mainytain the premises and feedand provide for the animals.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

At Kingdom of Zion you don't just get to see an impressive number of big cats, you get to learn all about them. We did the enrichment tour, where the animals were give new things to play with, taste or smell, and it was really interesting! Those cats really are gorgeous!

1  Thank Rachael B
Reviewed December 12, 2013

After watching and following this program back in the UK over the last few years it was great to finally get to visit Zion and meet some of the cats we had become familiar with.
The tour was good value for money and lasted a fair while. The tour guide was very informative and interactive, and could answer many wuestions people in the group had. We finished the day off with the Cheetah encounter which is brilliant.
Great day out, would recoomend a visit.

1  Thank sarahthomaskirman
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Just wanted to thank you all again for the great tour my wife and I had on Saturday.
We had the cheetah encounter which was amazing and very surreal.

The best looking Big cats I have seen in enclosures, they look happy and well fed.
With our cheetah you get to see a different side to the animals as there isnt a big group around the animal.

Definitely check them out again to see the updates in the Park:)