“Amazing Behind the Scenes Experience”

Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Behind the Scenes Experience”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I took my wife to Kingdom of Zion Behind the Scenes experience as a surprise birthday gift which included a hands-on feeding tour, a Cheetah encounter and close up experiences with all the cats. The entire day was exhilarating, especially preparing the food for the cats and feeding them ourselves. We were also able to enter the Cheetah enclosure and feed them by hand. The staff were extremely friendly and kept us safe and informed about how the cats are looked after. The staff even provided a choclate birthday cake at lunch! These cats are truly magnificent and I wish Kingdom of Zion continue to provide the care and shelter they deserve; a truly wonderful day out and one we will never forget, my wife is still smiling about it a week later.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank John K

Whangarei, New Zealand
“Local Wildlife Park”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have been to the park several times and it is fabulous to have such a great wildlife park right on our doorstep. We have had several tour guides including the Lion man himself and all of them have been exremely good. The cats are magnificent animals who seem to be well looked after - just a shame some of their enclosures couldn't be a bit bigger, though I understand that planning is underway for larger ones. Well worth a trip and go to the feeding tour if you can.

Visited April 2013

Buderim, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great place and they are doing a wonderful job there.Beautiful big cats,well looked after and happy.

Visited January 2013

1 Thank georgia096
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely wonderful experience!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Awesome experience, very capable staff and lots of beautiful animals to admire. Definitely going on another tour some time.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Reigz
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wildlife on a winters day!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My friend and I had a wonderful experience at Zion. Having traveled over from Europe, it was his aim to take the tour come rain or shine, and we had both! I have the opportunity to return at any time but this made it a challenge. We were greeted in such a friendly manner and guided around the gardens without any complaints, even when it did rain. The knowledge of the keepers is astounding and everything we questioned was answered. It is such a pleasure to see these magnificent creatures cared for and they need all our support. Their dedication is admirable. It pains me to think that Craig Busch has all these restrictions put on him now and I hope one day this will change. So take a drive, visit them, you will not regret a moment of it!

Visited April 2013