“Excellent”
Review of Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary - CLOSED

Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Had a really enjoyable time. Wasn't expecting too much when we pulled up and thought was a bit over priced but soon changed our mind. The tour was really good and the tour guide was really informative and could tell she really loved all the cats. Definitely would recommend had a really good time!

5  Thank Greenman50

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Sometimes we do things that stay in our hearts and minds forever. So it is with my visit to Zion. An amazing opportunity to begin to understand what it is to save and protect endangered animals. Our tour guide introduced us to each of the BIG cats in a way that it was soulfully intimate yet also left no doubt of the power of these majestic animals. A cat lover for life, I was given this tour as a birthday present. It's the best gift I've ever had! Nothing compares with a Lion quietly watching and staring into your eyes as you observe or the sound vibrations on your skin when a BIG CAT growls nearby where you are walking. Fantastic and worth the entry fee! I will be returning.

6  Thank AuntysAnklesWonky
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Kingdom of Zion is an amazing place to visit. Over 30 rare Lions & Tigers. Our tour was fantastic and very informative. I have never been so close to such wonderful animals and loved seeing them playing.

It was great to finally walk through a park we had previously only ever visited through the TV shows.

The trip was well worth the money it cost and we, hopefully in a few years time will certainly go again the next time we visit New Zealand. Our thanks to everyone there for making us feel so welcomeduring our visit, it will certainly stay with us all for the rest of our lives.

AWESOME!!

10  Thank Chris P
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Just did the cheetah experience. It was the best thing I have ever done. So worth every penny. Just the 2 of us with the keepers. Got to stroke and pet the cheetahs and hand feed them. Afterwards we joined a group for a tour of the other cats. We went on the feeding tour at 2pm, which is done every other day. Amazing to watch the cats excited to be fed. Lots of growls and roars going on. Loved every moment of it!!! The cats are absolutely stunning and all seem happy, 1000% better then going to a normal zoo. You are only 1 metre away from some of the cats, so really close up.

6  Thank Firefly51
See more reviews
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Decided to go to Kingdom of Zion for my friends birthday present as she loves cats, after the park was highly recommended by a work collegue.
We did the Cheetah Experience, which also includes a Tour of the Park.
Wow - it was a totally awesome experience. We got to go in the cage with the Cheetahs, patted them and also were able to hand feed them. Admittingley i did feel a lot more relaxed once we were out of the cage.
The tour showed us the rest of the cats, which was great. They all looked so beautiful and cute. Jill our Tour Guide provided us with extensive information about each of the cats and the park. I got some fabulous photos especially of Jadu (white tiger) playing in the water.
The experience is definitely value for money and I'll be highly recommending the experience to everyone i know

13  Thank Pirate71