“Nice sized room”

and 1 more site!
Pembrooke Motor Lodge
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Whangarei
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed over night and what really impressed me was the room size. Although I didn't need it as I was by myself it was really comfortable and had a kitchenette which a lot of places I've stayed didn't so it was kind of like a home away from home as I prefer to cook than eat out

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My main thing with Pembrooke was that it was close to town. Only about 1km walk to get there and is a nice easy walk. This helped me as I didn't have a car as my husband had it with him working so I could still get out and about to shop and there's also a new world round the corner. Room was spacious and really comfy. Will stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We booked for one night and ended up staying two because we found more things we wanted to do locally. We had a one bedroom unit which was spacious and had a spa bath which was great. We went for a nice walk through the Kauri trees just up the road aswell and ate dinner at Tonic restaurant which is also somewhere you definately want to eat if you want to eat out. A great experience and thanks for all the help

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We used Pembrooke as a hub for northland and travelled back each day after going north to bay of islands and also west to dargaville. Rooms were really clean and tidy and John was really helpful with planning our trip around. Alround great place and northland is a beautiful place to visit

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Aussieboy67
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We arrived in Whangarei, without a reservation anywhere. The traffic downtown was horrible and Permbrooke was the first motel we found outbound. John was helpful with restaurant recommendations. The rood was average BUT I really appreicated the fine rading lamps -- a rarity these days.
We followed John's dinner recommendation and had a find Indian meal.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DOCBABE_SCOUT
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Having little choice with all other motels booked in Whangarei we drew the short straw and stayed here. That should have spoken volumes.
The operator is a strange chap who tried intensely to tell me how to get onto the wifi without listening to my concerns as to its capability (Being an IT person) and I was proved right when the wifi didn't work.
The room was very dated.
The bed was very uncomfortable.
The kitchen equipment was old and mismatched.
The road noise was terrible ( though most of Whangarei motels are on main roads ).
The toilet flushed water up all over the seat.
The shower however was quite acceptable.
All of this would have happily been passed on to the operator had he been bothered to ask about our stay (I think he didn't ask as he knew what we would have said).
Book ahead and save yourself the trauma of staying here.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank MCWellingtonNZ
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this motel. We found the owner friendly and especially helpful when we needed to use the laundry. We suggest if staying here you request a room at the back of the motel, as the road noise can be loud at times. The room was large and comfortable, the water in the shower was hot with good water pressure. Kitchenette had all the facilities we needed, jug, toaster, fridge, microwave and plates and cutlery for 2. Wi fi was available for a small fee but at times was very difficult to log on to.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple