“A nightmare”

Central Court Motel
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Whangarei
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Having picked central Court Motel as it was the cheapest place in Whangarei I will never pick a cheap motel again The place was full of patched gang members. wandering around all night, I was to scared to close my eyes The room was old and smelled musty I will never stay here again, Guests be aware

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank julie b
docosa10, Owner at Central Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thanks for your feedback. This group booked on line, where I have no knowledge of who they are or where they come from. On there arrival I was a bit wary, however, this is a case of don't judge a book by its cover. Yes we had a group of Gang members. They were so quiet, polite, tidy and very respectful guests. I m sorry I have received a very poor review for a situation out of my hands or control, I m also sorry this guest had a less than memorable stay. This is a Motel and we accept guests in good faith as we did the guest writing this review

There are newer reviews for Central Court Motel

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed 2 nights for a family wedding and with wedding guests scattered around the motel stretch there was some comparing. We had great value, really easy parking,spotlessly clean room and Kevin was so helpful. We even had a coffee over the bed disaster and all was managed easily and without fuss. Our daughter, partner and infant were in the adjoining room which by happy accident had the interconnecting door so they enjoyed bonus space when getting the babe off to sleep etc. Everything worked out brilliantly.
We were handy to everything and everyone, the lounge area was roomy and the 2 bedrooms had everything we needed. We weren't there for sightseeing so just wanted a clean place with a good bed and safe parking. The shower was great - lots of water, very little road noise. We had 2 bedroom # 10, really comfortable beds and overall quite quiet regarding road noise, neighbours etc - we never heard the baby and he had a bad night. There was a pump or motor noise that went for a few minutes a couple of times in the night but only disturbed me, the midnight shift worker who doesn't sleep well - hubby never stirred, child in the other room didn't notice.
Fridge, toaster and iron worked fine, never turned on the TV. The free wifi was really handy and fast with three devices using simultaneously.
Kevin was lovely and very helpful. We felt welcome and looked after.
We will likely need accommodation in Whangarei again and will stay here, as would a couple of family members who stayed elsewhere this time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joy J
docosa10, Owner at Central Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thanks for your very kind reveiw. I am pleased you had a nice stay. The mishap was easily cleaned because of the speed in which it was addressed. Do come again

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Excellent value for money, decor is fairly neutral and up to date but you can see the motel itself is not very modern. Nice big tv screen. Well equipped and free wifi. The owner Kevin was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank HartleyHareII
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed just one night. Owners were very accommodating as there was 6 of us in a two bedroom. Room was nice, clean and tidy. The owners brother was looking after the place and was a nice person. If you want something nice but not expensive good place to stay. Is an older motel but the rooms seem to have had a spruce up. Only thing i would suggest is the bathrooms need revamping as quite old. But it's definitely usable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SJLJ001
docosa10, Owner at Central Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thanks for your kind words. Yes we know our place. we pride ourselves on polite and clean. We are actually investigating new vanities in all rooms as we speak. Thanks again

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My single room was quite small with no electric blanket and no bedlamp, but was very clean, as was the adequate bathroom. Slightly dated. I was not able to park in front of my unit and had to drag my suitcase through the pouring rain. I was allocated a room next to the "massage room" but sometime later in the evening the owners came in there to change it to accommodation, there was a lot of banging and shifting of furniture, and when the occupants arrived they turned on the TV for hours which must have been on the other side of the paper-thin wall above my bed. Then in the morning they were up early singing, chanting and clapping hands and I could hear their conversation and their bathroom noises. This did not make for a very restful stay, but the location was good with suburban shops, eateries, P.O., chemist and hospital just around the next block to save going right into the city. For the price (cheap) it was O.K. but I would probably not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jane W
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed one night here, I wouldn't stay longer than one night.When I booked in the lady didn't have a record of my booking. lucky I had my printout, showing the dates and that I had paid already. Had sky and free wifi which was good. The room had a bit of a weird set-up, The handbasin is in the bedroom, which you clean the dishes in to. Bedding etc was clean.The motel is getting quite dated.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank T C
Reviewed April 27, 2013

After getting lost finding the motel in the rain it was great to be greeted by friendly hosts who had gone out of their way to ensure our accomodation was just right for us. Even better was the discount we got for being senoirs. Our 2 bedroom unit was perfect giving our elderly Mother her privacy. It was well equiped and ample room for us all. The beds were comfortable and although the unit is a bit older it was spotless. The unit was serviced the next day which we didn't expect - this service is a real bonus, well done to all involved, especially the cleaning staff. Had a problem finding sky but as we were going out for dinner didn't worry about it. Very freindly and helpful hosts.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family