All reviewspool tablehosts were lovelyprivate bathroomthe riversense of humourliving areakowhai parkother guestscomfy bedenjoyed our staythe kitchenacross the roadwould stay againone nightgarysuiteaccommodation
Reviewed November 3, 2017

We loved our stay at Anndion Lodge, we were made very welcome and the facilities were lovely and clean. The beds were extremely comfortable and the evening spa was a delight. Thanks for a great stay Anndion Lodge!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2017

Lovely view of the river from our room. Clean and comfortable room, helpful hosts. River walk is just across the road. Lovely setting. We were in the old house so the floor was on a bit of a lean, but no problem.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2017

I would highly recommend Anndion Lodge for any holiday / business travellers. I stayed in the peaceful garden room which was neatly furnished and exceptionally clean. Hosts are very friendly and accommodating!

Room Tip: Garden Room
Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2017

Would highly recommend, great facilities Out stay was a last minute booking and they were able to help us out with 2 rooms. Thank you to Anndion for making our stay as stress free as possible.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2017

I have spent three nights with my parents and my husband at the Anndion Lodge.
We rented two self-contained double rooms (bedroom, small but nice bathroom, little kitchen).

The pricing was normal for NZ standards (certainly for Whangas) and we were greated very warmly by the staff.
At all times they did their utmost to help us with any requests.
I didn't have a look at their shared facility rooms, but I can say that both our rooms were brilliant. A touch of kitsch in black and red gave the rooms some character. Bathroom, kitchen and bed were really clean. Daily housekeeping did a good job.
We also had nice views over the Whanganui river.
Our little kitchen offered complimentary coffee & tea and enough pots, pans (toaster, etc.) to get around.

The lodge offers a swimming pool, Pool table, and spacious rooms to hang out. The garden is lovely (I personally loved the little gadgets like fake kiwi birds, etc.). Also parking was no problem.

Knowing Whanganui as I do (my husband is born and bred here) I can say, that the lodge is a very nice place to stay for a few nights.
It's close to one of the oldest playgrounds of the city and of course close to the river. We enjoyed our stay and we would highly recommend stopping here for a rest.

Room Tip: Deluxe self-contained or superior self-contained room!
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
Management response:Responded August 18, 2017

Well thank you very much and I am glad you enjoyed the stay :)