“Exceeded my expectations!”

Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Whanganui
Napier, New Zealand
“Exceeded my expectations!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed here with my two daughters, while we were attending a sports competition. Facilities are brilliant. We originally booked a one bedroom unit, located upstairs. I asked to view a couple of other options, and was won over by the one bedroom spa unit. Bliss on a travel weary body, and for tired muscles after sports event.
The spa bath unit was new, modern, and spotless. Clean and roomy.
LOVED the reclining chair in the lounge and large flat screen TV. It was hard to leave the comfort and warmth of unit to go to a cold stadium for sports event!!!
We will definitely stay again. Friendly staff, very welcoming.

Room Tip: Spa bath unit worth extra money
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Auckland
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Had almost delightful stay. Execellent accomomdation, helpful staff, could not have been better. We will definatley stay again and will recommend to all our friends in the uk. A great kiwi experience,,, thanks

Room Tip: Talk to jimmy!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GeoffRoberts
Melbourne
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We stay because of our company in only the top hotels throughout the world and traveled to Wanganui NZ for business and a catchup with family after 24 years away. This unassuming little motel Riverview provided a home away from home with all the trimmings, Quite, Clean (Spotless) and with the friendliest staff. It allows you to setup home and operate business should you need to immediately. It provided more than the Sebel, Amora and I would happily recommend it. National Manager U Load It Containers Australia

Room Tip: Book in advance seek room 12 self contained with spa and wireless internet
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank G K
Christchurch
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed staying in a studio/spa unit at Riverview Motel and could not fault it. Spacious, very clean, and quiet as our unit was well back from the road - we were able to park directly outside the unit. We even had comfortable recliner chairs each! Welcoming host and reasonably priced. Our best motel stay in the North Island out of the 11 we stayed at in March. Thankyou.

Room Tip: We chose a ground floor studio/spa unit situated well back from the road
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julie D
Alberton. South Africa
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Hi from sunny South Africa! As promised, I would like to add my thanks, together with those of my brother and sister-in-law, for the wonderful stay we had with you on 3rd April. We found our "quarters" so nice and comfortable and clean and what tickled us the most, was the wonderful welcome of your cute little boy Jimmy. I put the little bunch of lavender he gave me on my arrival, under my pillow every night until they wilted!! Please give him a big hug from me. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in New Zealand and hope to visit again someday. God bless. Beryl Gauldie - South Africa

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Beryl G
Taupo, Waikato, New Zealand
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We had a great stay in a lovely spacious studio, it was very clean and comfortable. Hosts Mark and Karren were very welcoming. Will certainly stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MartinaAS
Wellington
Reviewed March 28, 2012

excellent Motel, i stay every two weeks. Mark, Karren and family are always friendly, making a relaxing place to stay. Back units are spacious and quiet, with their kitchens and light open bathrooms, always clean and tidy. i highly recommend staying at Riverview Motel. and it's walking distance to the centre of town.

Room Tip: Choose the larger back units, well worth it.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business