TripAdvisor

South Beach Cafe
Ranked #7 of 8 Quick Bites in Whanganui
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Before my flight I thought I would get breakfast. Much to my disappointment all I got was a burnt omelet. I thought I would try it, even though it didn’t look appealing. It tasted worse that I thought it would.
Rather disappointed and waited to get breakfast when I arrived in Auckland.

Hot chocolate was ok and ladies serving were good. They happily gave me a refund

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (15)

Reviewed April 28, 2018

This cafe is always busy when the planes are coming through, and the coffee is excellent if you have some time to kill and need a pick-me-up. But unfortunately, although the pie I ordered was tasty and good, I would have preferred it not to have been reheated in a microwave.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed June 24, 2017

Had to wait due to an unexpected plane delay.Cafe was packed, but staff did advise there would be a delay due to lots of orders! Scrambled eggs on toast was worth the wait and a generous serving.Would definitely eat here again.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed July 8, 2016

You always know if an airport cafe is any good by whether the aircrew use it. Here they did on the day we visited. It's a small cafe at a small airport, run by friendly ladies keen to look after you. Good coffee and fresh tasty cabinet food.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in to try them out and the food was very disappointing. Microwaved pies and burnt milky Coffee. The service was ok but the food was a huge let down. Will not be back

Date of visit: May 2016