“Bravo Mint !”

Ranked #21 of 93 Restaurants in Whanganui
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I took advantage of a special weekend dinner offer at Mint last weekend. $40 for a starter, main and dessert . We booked for 6.30 pm and had quite a wait before our starter arrived but, as we were not in a hurry and we were warned, we sipped on our drinks and enjoyed the atmosphere of the very full café.

The wait was worth it!! I chose the Scallops on Risotto with Pancetta.... deeeeelectable... followed by succulent salmon with one of the best salads I have tasted for a long time. The Raspberry crumble was so very tasty with crème brulee smooth as......... All in all the best meal I have had in Whanganui this year.

A very enjoyable new menu launch it was. We will be back. Can recommend.

The service was professional and friendly and we commented on the lack of noise...it can be a "lively' café noise wise but not that Friday....depends on the diners no doubt.

We will be back and would

4  Thank Rosemary L

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

The playground is excellent for families but its a noisy place. Service was good and food is fairly good. Generous portions but my Harissa potatoes did not taste of Harissa. We would go back.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Excellent coffee & cheapest price for a 'long black' that I know! Great venue for short meetings. Will be back!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was our first time to Mint. We went on a Friday night at 7.30pm so it was pretty busy. We had quick service and the meals were out in a reasonable time. The menu doesn't have a huge amount to choose from and I think they could improve on this however overall it was a good meal.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This venue is great for mums with their screaming kids. What makes it more fun is the acoustics are really bad, so the screaming is eggagerated.

Not my idea of a nice lunch or breakfast.

Service slow. Coffee OK. Food OK, Much better everything in Wanganui.

2  Thank Di J