“Reasonable rates and great food”
Review of Angora - CLOSED

Angora
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This restaurant was recommended by other travellers, it was full on the Wednesday night we visited, we were lucky to get a table. Excellent medTurkish/Mediterranean food
Reviewed April 15, 2014

One of our favourite dining places in Wanganui. Food is tasty, well presented and reasonably priced. Service can a bit slow if they are busy, but worth the wait as a rule. Try the pork belly dish - magic. And they had toys for the kids!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stopped in Wanganui on our way to Taupo. Decided to try Angora based on trip advisor reviews and were thrilled. The food is beautifully prepared and presented with quality to match. For a fun and tasty meal try the mixed grill which is served on a skewer hanging over the plate. The lamb cutlet was much more a rack of six ribs. A great restaurant in any city a a very good value.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the hotel we were staying in. The ambiance of the place is nice and the service was friendly. It was very quiet when we visited and they were closing as we left. The food was very tasty. We eat Turkish food in the U.K. and this was very different as they are obviously catering for the New Zealand palate which seems different to ours. I ramped up my food a little with chilli sauce from my husbands meal as it was slightly under spiced for me but that is a personal preference. Would recommend that you try this place as it was very good value too.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Absolutely delighted with the gorgeous surprise of angora! There was something for everyone, but delighted to say it was all different food to what you normally find! My 4 year old are all her dinner plus tried some of mine and loved it! Was very impressed with the good and drinks menus and the the very pleasant and helpful staff!! 10/10 from us! Thanks heaps!!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Limited menu, both for food and drinks. But staff nice and helpful, they made an non-alcoholic cocktail for me. The food is average, but I must admit I am picky when comes to food. I strongly do not recommend the pizza there. The sad part is that is probably one of the best, classy places you can have a decent restaurant meal...
It worth saying that I went there 7-8 times. I have tried different things, and I now order the same thing all the time. Works for me...By the way, a bit pricy as well...