“Unexpected Surprise”
Review of Angora - CLOSED

Angora
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This restaurant was recommended by other travellers, it was full on the Wednesday night we visited, we were lucky to get a table. Excellent medTurkish/Mediterranean food
London, United Kingdom
“Unexpected Surprise”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Options were rather limited on a chilly Wednesday night in July so it was a case of take whatever was available. After a circuit of the town, Angora seemed the only decent looking restaurant available even though none of us had Turkish food in mind. What a result ! Great atmosphere, lovely waitress and all 5 of us were delighted with our meals.3 months later and I can still savour those lamb chops, would just love to know what the sauce was. The best meal I had in New Zealand and I had a lot of really good ones.

Sydney NSW Australia
“Enjoyed the food here”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This restaurant was a great choice on a cold night. When we entered the restaurant the lovely waitress offered us a table by the fire which was much appreciated.

Although not all of the food on the menu was Turkish. It all appeared to be of a very high standard. I ordered a Turkish lamb dish and it was very flavoursome. My husband ordered lamb shanks and they were so tender that they just fell off the bone.

The décor was very nice and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Overall a lovely meal.

• Visited September 2013
Hamilton Ontario
“A Turkish Delight in Wanganui”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We walked the streets looking a various restaurants on a Saturday night and decided the crowd and the decor looked the most friendly. Not been to a Turkish restaurant before and tried one of their Turkish items, I think called Kofte which I enjoyed. The other parties chose kebabs and liked them as well. Staff volunteered to take group shot.

Visited July 2013
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Very good platter”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Couldn't decide what to have on a cold winter's night - so decided on a cold platter. Weird I know. However I was pleased I did as it was delicious with lots of beautiful flavours and dips, along with a flattish round loaf which was very good. So: artichokes, tomatoes, olives, peppers, salami, feta, 2 dips. The dessert: Baklava was not so flavoursome, rather bland really. Very very good service - well done!
And the beautifully coloured ceiling added a nice warm touch to the room

Napier, New Zealand
“Nice place, great price”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Firstly placed at a table that was wobbly when we told the waiter he agreed but didn't rectify the issue.
I asked for medium steak And it was well done. However it was lovely.
The waiter looked like he was new as he seemed nervous ( dropping the knife off the table N spilling my drink) however he was very attentive to our needs.