“One of the best cafe's I have been to in ages”

Parnells Cafe Gallery and Garden Art
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Whanganui
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fresh, homemade food and Mojos coffee. Always a must in Wanganui to eat, coffee and view gallery. Fantastic gelato.
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Called in to Parnell's when passing through Wanganui. A great selection of food in the cabinet. It all looked so delicious it was hard to choose. We ended up eating there and then buying more to take with us to our motel in New Plymouth. We enjoyed the food so much we called in again on our way home the next day. Highly recommended.

1  Thank JudyGPalmerstonNorth

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We had a beautiful day , so sat outside. Very good tea and coffee. Very friendly service. Our meals were good and the place was quite well patronised .Delicious slices to go with the lunch.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My mum took me here for lunch while I was in town visiting her, and I was impressed with the huge variety of food available in the cabinets and on the menu. I went with the Thai beef salad and found it a bit spicy, and Mum had a feta and spinach tart, which she's had before and said id reliably good. We also shared the tasting bowl of slices (macadamia, jaffa, chocolate and one unidentified), which was perfect for two. The all-day brunch menu looks like it has some great options on it so I'm planning to return earlier in the day to try that out.

There are plenty of tables but it does get busy between 12-2ish, so make sure you stake out a table before going to order. Although there is extra seating outside under a sort of covered conservatory, it does get a bit cold out there on rainy days. There is also a little gift shop off to the side which has some interesting knick knacks, so a good opportunity to get some Christmas shopping in if you've got a long lunch break! I loved the little metal bird sculptures on sticks for the garden and bought two for myself.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a great café. The range of both menu and cabinet food is excellent, the coffee is very good, and there is plenty of seating both indoors and outside in the covered deck area.

This café has now become a regular rest and watering hole whenever we drive through Wanganui.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good menu. We kept it simple and had toast and spreads. Very good coffee. Friendly staff. Great for breakfast.