All reviewscafe next doorpiesstayed heredidn't hear any noiselovely hostsbed unitcomfortable bedsgreat accommodationair conditioningovernight staynext morningroad tripgreat place to staygood sizeconfigurationmotelwanganui
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Very pleased with our overnight stay.
Prue was a friendly host upon arrival and very accommodating.
Happy with our ground floor room
which was nice and quiet after a 7hour drive. Other half had stayed here before
hence our return.
Cafe on premises has the most amazing homemade pies, actually they really should enter the 'Best pie in NZ' competition the Lamb n mint pie was spot on with friendly accommodating staff Excellent customer service all round for 151 on London ... keep up the good work guys

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
151onLondon, Owner at 151 on London, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Awesome that you took the time to write your review, we appreciate it.
The pies at the café are amazing and certainly worth trying.
We look forward to hosting you next time you visit Wanganui.
Kind Regards
Michael & Prue Meehan

Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

The complete combo; spotless, comfortable room with brilliant human beings running the place. A well run and efficient business is one thing. Having such a warm, Kiwi welcome from the owners really topped it off. In all, a really nice stay in the beautiful town of Whanganui.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
151onLondon, Owner at 151 on London, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we appreciate it. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay in our little piece of paradise. Best wishes for the rest of your journey, we look forward to seeing you in the future should the opportunity arise.
Kind Regards Michael & Prue Meehan

Reviewed April 29, 2017

Great checkin, very friendly and helpful
Room was a little small for my liking, and the bed i found very hard. Everything else was fine. Short walk around the corner to the choice of 2 supermarkets. Wifi was good

Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank danjonelson
Reviewed April 19, 2017

Greeted with being asked to pay up front. didn't get ground floor room as requested. Single beds were very small and room average, seemed to have been built on the cheap but supposedly made to look great.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank AdeleFeilding
Reviewed April 8, 2017

We took our little dog along with us having found out from a previous stay that you could if you kept them in your car. Prue was onto me a spoon as we arrived as I had taken my dog by the SMOKE tin and given her some tea and water then Don took her for a walk.I told her again about the dog yes we had one a little Maltese 10 years old and well trained I also had a animates bark collar just in case at night time although she had a bed.From there it was all down hill nasty is the understatement for this manager she approached our neighbours early next morning and a lovely lady said A dog not maybe ours. Prue
was adamant is was our dog who I took for a walk at 6am both morning then Don took her to the trilothon so I could, have rest. The man upstairs came home a 1/4 past 12 and you could hear the thumping on our ceiling . The room was dark and small cramped I mentioned this as had a business meeting to do She told me I should not have booked with booking com if I wanted better!!! I had told Prue the first day I was ill but that was like a green light for her to have a go at me.I ended up being told I pity you with all that
horrific anger in you.. Bad karma screeching as I left the office at me. Never been abused like this ever! My professions RE : Registered nurse 1968 primary schools teacher 35 years.. hospitality all areas from the bar to ending to management. At 71 years old, not well, I do not appreciate this sort of person abusing me. Had my meeting at "The Mint" much nicer then although we had to pay for the room we went home.

Room Tip: Do not get any of the bottom room from the office down .. They are dark and cramped .
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
151onLondon, Owner at 151 on London, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2017

I am Prue who this reviewer is referring to.
I encourage all readers to read this review carefully. It is not constructed well and was a very unfortunate time. As a Motelier I do not need to be threatened by our guests that they will write a review on trip advisor to get around the issues they face.
We clearly have a no dog policy. However on occasion we accept that guests can have a dog that can cope with staying in their car. This clearly was not a good option for this poor dog. It did bark all night in the car, it did have a bark collar however this may not have been activated or used properly. Other guests were more concerned for the plight of the dog who was distressed and did not like being in that situation.
We had a lot of guests in and sometimes you can here footsteps from above. The guest was not up all night as his child was competing in a sports event.
The room was not dark, it has lovely black out drapes, it was different to the one the guest previously booked on her other stay.
The guest had left dog food trays that were in the car park area outside her room where they could be run over by vehicles parking. I simply asked her to remove them because of this and that they were inclined to attract ants.
I did not screech and was not nasty or abusive.
I have other guests to consider and will always follow up any feedback.
I always aim to approach difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
I did receive feedback that I handled this situation well.
Being threatened and threatening my support person was an uncomfortable experience.
We wish you well for your future accommodation choices for your little dog. Maybe it should be left at home.