All reviewsirish pubcontinental breakfastone nightold stylenew zealandboxing daylovely nightgood sized bathroomup to datefriendly servicegreat value for moneynice staytea and coffeeshort staylamb shanknight stayoff street parking
Reviewed November 5, 2017

It may once have been grand, but is now just a hotel. Sadly, it does not do justice to its name. Yet, I did not feel ripped off as we got what we paid for! The room was small, with a worn out mattress and curtains that only open to one side. What is nice, though, is the Irish pub in the hotel – make sure to visit. All the rooms come with complimentary continental breakfast – coffee and toast.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ADavis1977
Reviewed October 17, 2017

I had occasion to eat lunch with a group at the hotel. My meal was an omelette and came soaked in stale oil as did the persons sitting beside me. She did not eat hers and we both should have sent them back.I will not eat there again.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

On arrival we were given our key and then just directed to where the elevator was ... No friendly greeting or pleasantries also no mention of breakfast being available in the morning. The room was very dated and lacked any real niceties... the bathroom door would not slide shut, no hairdryer supplied and not even a toilet roll holder, the welcome folder had about 3 pages , none of which had really useful information , the rest of the plastic sleeves were empty. The water in the morning was cold so we could not have showers. On finding the breakfast area I was greeted with “ You from upstairs..? Tea and coffee over there and help yourself to things on the table!! “ Decided not to bother... If you want really cheap and basic fine ...if not go somewhere else... !!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen P
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

Great place to stay with family with a pub downstairs and including breakers restaurant .Had dinner first night which was amazing . Try their special scollops cooked to pefection . Would definately recommend to tourists and locals !

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

We chose to eat in the cosy bar area as the restaurant was noisy with people playing table tennis and pool. My husband's lamb shank was quite good, served piping hot with vegetables. My sirloin steak, which I asked for "medium rare" came out raw in the middle, with lukewarm chips and a gluggy mushroom sauce that was already congealing on the cold plate. Apart from being undercooked it had obviously been played up well before the lamb. Unless I had carried my meal through the pub and down to the restaurant there was no one to complain to, so I reluctantly ate the chips and salad and left the meat. Yuk!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple