“Delightfull”
Review of Cotswold Cottage

Cotswold Cottage
Ranked #1 of 13 Thames B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 30, 2014

An excellent, personal reception by Garth and Adrienne. Very comfortable room with an excellent breakfast.You feel right at home. This is a place to return for sure.

Patrick and Chris Vanhelmont-Meyers

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Unfortunately we cannot comment very much on the property, as despite booking and personally speaking to the owners only the night before, we travelled for hours towing our boat and walked up the very steep hill with our suitcases to be told there was no room at the INN.
They did attempt to re-book us in other facilities and offer us a room in the house, it was all too little too late and we ended up sleeping on our boat, not happy at all.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CotCot2014, Owner at Cotswold Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

This gentleman phoned on the Friday night and the call was redirected to our mobile, as we were on our way to a function. We explained that we were out of office, so could not view the booking page, but that was not a problem, as the gentleman had our booking page open in front of him and was able to see that there was a vacancy. We explained more than once that we were not able to do the booking for him, but all he had to do was book it himself. We explained that he needed to do it to secure the booking, otherwise the room could be booked by someone else. He even asked whether he should pay then or when they checked out, and I began to say it would be fine to pay when they left, but we then realised that on our website booking page you have to pay when you book, so that was explained to him.
He asked if there was parking for their boat, and we replied 'no' , but that he was welcome to use our wheel clamp, and park on the road. When we arrived home and checked the bookings, the room was still vacant, but was then booked overnight under a different name. We were unable to phone them to see what had happened - we had no number, as their call had been redirected from our home phone.
When they arrived there was indeed no room, and the gentleman insisted that he had booked with us over the phone. It was pointless getting in to a 'you said, I said' discussion, so we told them we would try and sort things out whilst they went up the coast fishing (by this time it was after 3pm). We also offered them a room in the house FREE OF CHARGE. I spent almost an hour trying to find them alternative accommodation on a busy weekend in the Coromandel. At some stage he texted us and said they had 'opted to sleep on our boat' However I found a room in a beautiful B n B nearby, and also cleared out our own lovely bedroom (decided we didn't want to give them the room that was still under repair) and made it up with guest bedding, and texted him (his requested means of communication) so. He did not reply to my text, and we never heard from them again - until this review.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Garth and Adrienne were wonderful hosts with many good suggestions. We found Pat's Pies and they were great. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfasts were delicious and varied. The setting is beautiful. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Thanks Garth and Adrienne - we very much enjoyed our overnight stay at Cotswold cottage with you. The rooms was very comfortable and breakfast delicious. Your travel tips were so very helpful and we would never have seen the mob of pigs without your suggestion. We did make it to Hot Water Beach which was pretty amazing and a real highlight. Thanks so much also for forwarding on my phone charger - that was most kind of you. The Coromandel was a delight made all the better by our stay at Cotswold Cottage :)

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Perfect stay at Cotswold Cottage.for our first full day of vacation in NZ. We dropped off our bags early on our way to Cathedral Cove and got some nice tips from Garth for the drive. Returned in the evening to a relaxing soak in the hot tub to sooth our tired muscles from an afternoon of sea kayaking. Room was clean, tastefully decorated and offered a nice view of the hills in the morning. Adrienne's blueberry pancakes were delicious and one of the best breakfasts of our entire trip. Would highliy recommend staying with them!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

After 2 months of travelling in NZ, the last night in Thames at Cotswold Cottage is pampering yourself! Friendly, warm hosts ... wonderful cats (one with a real character!) and a charming, beautifull place to stay. Many thanks to both of you. We dream to come back for another trip to NZ ... maybe we should start next time at Cotswold Cottage !

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed here the night before my wedding and the night of my wedding. Adrienne and Garth were absolutely Amazing and very accommodating. They looked after me and my bridesmaid the day of my wedding while we were getting ready and were only too happy for my makeup/hair person and my photographer to be there. They also allowed me to have some photos on their grounds. The views and the gardens they have are breath taking. They also upgraded us to the Neatherwood Suite with a very romantic four posted bed and decorated perfectly. I cant sing enough praises about Adrienne and Garth. They cooked the most amazing breakfasts. I wasn't sure I would even be able to eat on the morning of my wedding but as soon as I saw the other guests food I new it wouldn't be a problem. My husband and I came back from our reception to find rose petals scattered on our bed in the shape of a heart and petals in the bath. A beautiful touch. We will definitely be back to celebrate our first anniversary. Thank you Adrienne and Garth for making our day so special.
Brigid D'Ath

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thames
Beachside Resort Whitianga
#2 of 7 in Thames
Brookby Motel
Brookby Motel
#1 of 7 in Thames

Been to Cotswold Cottage? Share your experiences!