“Great variety. Friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Food For Thought

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Food For Thought
Ranked #18 of 52 Restaurants in Thames
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great variety. Friendly staff.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

In the centre of town with a great variety of food to choose from. Good strong coffee too. Plenty of seating with some outside.

• Visited August 2013

Pauanui, New Zealand
“Fabulous food but not much ambience”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stopped here for lunch because the sign out front said "award winning pies".
The cafe was tired and dated looking but the food looked delicious. We don't normally eat pies but they looked so good that we had one each plus coffees and cakes. All the food was really fresh and delicious, pies were extraordinarily good. The service was okay, we didn't have to wait long but staff could have been friendlier. The food was good enough for us to overlook the negatives and we would definately go again but might buy the pies etc to take away.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Waiting!!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We ordered drinks, coffee and pie and omelette . Finished everything then waited for another 25 minutes for omelette. No apologies- never again!!! Smiles would help too

• Visited May 2013
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
“Delicious food, especially the pies!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I do not like pies but when I go to this place I absolutely love them because they are delicious! Everything here is delicious and you can tell that it is fresh and home-made. I used to live just a few metres away from this cafe and I would come whenever I could to treat myself :)

Tip: I highly recommend that you sit in the "courtyard" out back because it is so nice and peaceful.

• Visited April 2013
Thames, New Zealand
“A smile would improve it”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have lunch in Thames every Saturday and found the "food for Thought" to our liking and went there regularly. Then things started to happen. The smiling friendly waitress left a new girl started that never had a smile on her face (I think a smile is a necessity when dealing with the public). One day a pice of tomato fell off my plate when it was given to me. She said "That shouldn't have happened", and picked it up, with her fingers and put it back on the plate. Another time a caterpillar was walking around the lettuce. I sent it back but couldn't see how it was "fixed". The tables are now left and not cleared at once.
It is a pity as the food is all that you wish for - good.

We no longer go there for our Saturday treat.

Visited May 2012