“The Best”

Description: Thames is on the Coromandel Peninsula
Thames
“The Best”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Awesome food. Great prices. Friendly staff. Try the lunch specials only $10 and a varied menu. Place is always busy - must be good

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jenatara

Thames, New Zealand
“Always Good”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I would probaly call myself a reular at Nakongtong Thai Restarant and have found it to be constantly a high standard. The lady that greets you (who I should know's name) is always very happy to see you and always smiling. I have taken alot of my friends over the last couple of weeks as they do a $10 lunch which you get lots of choices and is delicious well priced and very good servings. We are lucky to have this restarant in Thames.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank NZVICKI
Napier, New Zealand
“The place to go in Thames NZ”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The flavours of the food were wonderful and the sevice was grand. The dacore of the restaurant reflected Thailand wonderfully. The waitress was very obliging and I would reccomond this restaurant to one and all.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Stan S
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not bad”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

DISCLOSURE:
I love Krapow Kai. I love Asian food. I’ve been to Thailand and I make my own Krapow Kai. So I get that the interpretation of the dish is wide open.

ATMOSPHERE:
It is decorated in Chiang Mai Style.

FOOD:
Horrible!!! Taste was so bad I’ve been living in Kiwi and was looking forward to some quality Asian food. Big fail. Tom yum (usually my favorite part) was far too salty and not remotely spicy. The only 4 recognizable ingredients were green onion, prawn, mint, and plethora of mushrooms. Not the exotic straw mushroom, but plain white mushrooms. Just a school of them floating on top, like dead bodies. And the main dish, Krapow Kai, it was very dry. The chicken is so tough. I think I can cook better than chef.

SERVICE:
Friendly staff.

OVERALL:
If the soup is any indication, don’t even think about stopping here. Krapow Kai is kinda like dog food. I will visit this restaurant again because I want to just say hi to staff (Moby) He is the coolest staff I have met

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Stummerrrr
Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definately have to try more than one dish”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Good food and great service. The hosts are very polite and attentive. It was busy every time I went in, so very popular place.

Visited August 2012