“Lunch under New ownership”
Review of ROMA - The Grand Fire - CLOSED

ROMA - The Grand Fire
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar, New Zealand
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We have been here a few times and enjoyed the lunchtime meals so decided to try it out after the recent change of ownership.Wonderful service, big $16 meals including a free coffee or juice and we were also given a yummy cookie. We had fish and chips, a steak sandwich and a chicken and bacon sandwich all with curly fries, big meals good presentation and well cooked. A very pleasant all round lunchtime dining experience!

2  Thank palmynz

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My family and I went here after graduation. We had the feast, this included potatoes and salad for the table then they gradually brought a selection of meats out over the course of an hour. Everyone received good helpings of each selection of quality cooked meat. We love good and were all so full when we left, value for money at $35 ea. Dessert was additional but we had no room left. I totally recommend it if you love meat...

2  Thank T3urumana0
Roma032, Owner at ROMA - The Grand Fire, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thankyou so much for taking the time to write the wonderful review.
Our Team will be thrilled, that they met your expectations as well the food.
Look forward to having you dine with us again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Not a pizza/pasta fan I wasn't looking forward to 'Roma' - the name said it all really but friends and family arranged it so ... :) Decor isn't inspiring and I thought 'yep what I expected'. Wrong. If there wasn't something to suit on the varied menu, you would be very difficult to please. Both our waitresses were familiar with every dish on the menu - and not a pizza in sight. We were recommended the buffet. What a feast! Tender beef, lamb, roast potatoes, prawns....etc etc etc cooked to perfection. Compliments to the chef and waitresses (both first class) picking up on the fact some of our party couldn't eat chilli, so presented two of the same dish - one spiced and one not. Fantastic touch. Desserts a bit slow, lacked flair but tasted good. Thank you Roma, we'll be back.

1  Thank webbequestrian
Roma032, Owner at ROMA - The Grand Fire, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thankyou so much; Its is always wonderful when we exceed expectations, and we appreciate your letting us know. I will pass this onto our team--- they will wish to thankyou also.
Kind Regards

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We came to this restaurant on our last night in Palmy and was so excited as we love pasta and pizza, most of the food was really nice ortho was missing salt. The staff were lovely and very accommodating. The price for what we ordered was reasonable and didn't take to long to come out. The only negative comment would be that it is very confusing having 2 restaurants and 2 menus in 1 place, we were seated upstairs unaware that to order the pasta and pizza you needed to be seated down stairs.

1  Thank LD2000_13
Roma032, Owner at ROMA - The Grand Fire, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thankyou, for reviewing our restaurant-- the staff will be pleased, as are we.
I understand the slight confusion, we are always reviewing ways of overcoming that issue--- hopefully in time we will.
We look forward to you dining with us again.
Many thanks

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had dinner on 29/8, 4 of us all had the buffet which I was very excited about. Long waits for tapas and first course. Loved the beef. My pork belly had lovely flavours but was 95percent fat with no crackle. most of the meal was nice However the inside out sushi was horrible. Please take it off the menu! Sushi should be cold not warm. And the seaweed flavour went all through the chicken. One waitress was really lovely (brunette) and the waitress with short blonde hair really needs more customer service, had no personality and spoke very bluntly. was an OK night but probably wouldn't return

Roma032, Owner at ROMA - The Grand Fire, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Eva, I am pleased you enjoyed, some of your experience dining with us, but am sorry we didn't match your expectations in other areas. I will certainly have discussions with the chefs regarding the sushi, although the feedback to date has been very positive, obviously not to your choice.
Pork Belly, is Pork belly--- naturally a fatty component from the pig, loved by some and not by others- I am sorry this was not to your liking.
In regards to the staff member, I am very sorry, and will certainly be taking steps to ensure this does not occur again, my sincerest apologies.
As our menu is constantly changing, we con hopefully meet your expectations next time.
Please call me if you would like to discuss your evening further.
(Owner)