“Takeaway's”

Monsoon Asian Kitchen
Ranked #142 of 200 Restaurants in Palmerston North
“Takeaway's”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I have been to the Monsoon before and plan on taking the family here soon for my sixty birthday. But being on my own for the weekend I thought I would try the takeaway service they run

I ordered sweet and sour pork and lemon chicken. I thought this would be good for two nights as it usually does from my local.

But the servings were so small I had it all in one meal except for a couple of bits for my dogs.

So hard to recommend on serving size but the dishes were very tasty

“NO MSG Here”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have takeaways every Thursday night, their food is fresh and no MSG. Great value. Takeaway is nicely presented, usually with seasonal fruit, ie slices of orange just like one of their restaurant meals. Staff can be seen cooking your food, very clean and staff very welcoming.

Visited July 2013
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Don't judge a book by it's cover.............”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I arrived at the restaurant purely by accident as the restaurant we had "ear marked" was full!!! We were greeted by a delightful lady who made us comfortable at our table and served us with the most amazing food. The facade of the restaurant did not beckon us and shout "come and eat here" but we were so pleasantly surprised we will most certainly become regulars. People began piling through the door until the restaurant was full.........it was the middle of the week..........they had been keeping this little gem a secret!

• Visited September 2012
Palmerston North
“Always good”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We regularly come here if we are after a relatively quick meal - the food is always very good, the service is excellent and the staff very courteous and polite. Prices are very reasonable also and we've never walked away disappointed. Great to find a little gem like this that has such good consistency of food and service.

• Visited September 2012
“Enjoyable Asian food”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Unpretensious small restaurant with always great but fairly standard fare. Good value for money