“Good local cafe but keep your jacket on” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Cuba

Cafe Cuba
Cuisines: Cafe, European, New Zealand
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated in the heart of Palmerston North Cafe Cuba is an iconic and popular place to have that next coffee, catch-up, meeting or meal. Here at Cafe Cuba we have a large cuisine menu which is sure to tempt your taste buds. Offering an all day breakfast and brassiere we invite you come in and dine with us every day from 7.00am right through to our dinner dining from 6.00pm until late, Cafe Cuba is also great place to take the family with a full children’s menu available.At Cafe Cuba we know the importance of a great coffee, our fully trained staff are equipped to deliver a great coffee to you, with take away coffee available. We are fully licensed and have a large range of Wine, Bottled Beer, RTD’s, Spirits and non-alcoholic beverages
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good local cafe but keep your jacket on”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a friendly local cafe with good coffee, excellent cakes sliced into enormous portions and a broad menu. There is usually plenty of parking outside. The staff are smiley and efficient. My only two gripes are 1) that the door on the corner seems to be left open no matter how Baltic it is outside, meaning the cafe is always freezing and one has to keep all layers buttoned up; and 2) the only internet available is provided by an external provider with rotten service. This seems extremely Scrooge-like in a city that is wired for ultra-fast broadband, where cafe owners can provide their customers with a dedicated router offering fast connections for buttons. The crappy internet makes it hard to do business or work in the cafe so I've been visiting Cafe Cuba less often than I would like, and have even arranged to meet customers in the library around the corner if an internet connection is required.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic silk cake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Went for lunch with friends who live in Palmerston North and lunch itself was very nice, but the highlight was definitely the silk cake, which was amazing, though so rich it was hard to finish.

I would definitely come back for more if I was in the area.

• Visited August 2013
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Lunch visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stopped in town after shopping for a coffee, and the "marks Slice" cake was the best thing I have had in a while. the staff very friendly. I am having a bannofi pie next time, it looked so yummy in the cabinet. Normally I have a muffin, which is the savoury one with a big hunk of feta cheese in the middle, these are huge, warm and have butter as well. Nice outlook to Cuba Street. with plenty to see.

• Visited July 2013
Napier
“Amazing flavours at Cafe Cuba”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I visited Cafe Cuba on 2 consecutive Monday evenings as I am travelling with my job. The first night I ordered fresh pan fried fish with prawn risotto. It was delicious!! The depth of flavours were wonderful. On the second visit I was tempted to have it again...but decided to try something else. The pork dumplings as an entree were Devine...almost as good as Melbourne's Hutong dumpling house!
The cafe is full of energy and ambiance so even tho I was eating alone, I did not feel uncomfortable. To top it off you can throw a dice and if you throw a 3 you win your meal for free!
Great friendly service from this student city cafe.

• Visited September 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great Cafe Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The staff at Café Cuba were great - I wanted an omelette and although it was not on the standard menu they made one of the best omelettes I've had in years - yum

Visited July 2013