“Small portions” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Patio Cafe & Bar

La Patio Cafe & Bar
Cuisines: European, New Zealand, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: La Patio is one of Palmerston North’s finest restaurants. The restaurant has a welcoming ambience and with refurbishments completed there is no better place to dine.
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Small portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We went to La Patio for my birthday as it was on a Monday and few places are open that evening. The service was okay, not fantastic but acceptable. The light meal that I ordered was a reasonable size and the side salad very large. However, the main courses that my companions ordered were ridiculously small and it was just as well that I had my large side salad to share otherwise they would have been very hungry! Certainly not impressive for the price.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Michael H, Manager at La Patio Cafe & Bar, responded to this review, March 9, 2015
Sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your portion sizes at La Patio Cafe. This is not a normal occurrence and we want you to know that it must have been a very isolated incident.

If you have any details you could pass on to me concerning the mains that were ordered it would help me pass on your feedback to the chefs so they can research the evening service.

We hope you will considering dining with us again with us in the future Email me at michael@coachman.co.nz and I will make sure that there will be no issues with the quality or quantity of the items you order.

• Korean first
Whakatane, New Zealand
“Major improvement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Dinner was a succes tonight at La Patio! The past few time I have been to La Patio for dinner the staff is quite slow and do not put very much effort in what they do. Tonight was very much the opposite, drinks came out about a minute after they were ordered, only a short wait for food and the staff looked like they put alot of effort into their work. My meal was hot, tasted very fresh and was very well presented. I think La patio has gained back its touch I will deifantly be coming back again.

Michael H, Manager at La Patio Cafe & Bar, responded to this review, March 30, 2015
Fantastic feedback! We are glad to hear that you are so impressed with our staff and the quality of your meal. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Howick, Auckland
“Pleasant, good food, reasonably priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We dined here several times. Staff were excellent, food consistently good and reasonably priced. Had to question the Christmas lights on the ceiling - totally out of keeping with otherwise excellent decor. Nice outside bar for meeting for a drink or a coffee any time of day, popular after work.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your meals, and the quality of our staff. It is always nice to get such a positive review.
Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
“great site”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

good staff and service food was great and staff attentive .nice atmosphere surrounded by garden. The cost was good value and it was nice sitting out in the sun

• Visited October 2013
New Zealand
“A regular spot for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I dine here on a regular basis for lunches, great value and tasty meals. The surroundings are always pleasant and the wonderful service makes for an enjoyable dining experience!

• Visited March 2014